Bi Arrests Japanese National For Abusing Wife

Steve
Posted
Posted
SOURCE: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-ma...al-abusing-wifeAgents of the Bureau of Immigration arrested Friday a Japanese national for abusing his 21-year-old Filipino wife a few days before Christmas.Initial reports said Shoichi Katoh, 62, was arrested outside the St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City where his wife, Maridel, is currently confined.In an interview, Maridel said Katoh beat her up at gunpoint last December 21 after she prevented her husband from hurting their four-month-old baby. A TV Patrol World report said Maridel was nearly paralyzed from the beating she got from Katoh.Maridel said she called up her father in Borongan, Samar for fear that Katoh would kill her. Because of the severe beating, she said she and her father spent Christmas in the hospital.Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan said Katoh is in danger of going to jail and facing possible deportation for violating Republic Act 9262 or the Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

IMO any foreigner who beats or physically abuses a Filipina deserves worse than being deported. Most Filipina's are small is size, how can any bigger man beat one, they have to be less than a man and insecure in themselves to do anything like that IMHO.added Sorry, I really hate wife or gf beaters and despise anyone who has to pick on someone much smaller than themselves to make them feel like a man.

Edited by Mr. Lee

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I agree Lee ...... and the sad part is once they start the abuse it only gets worse ...... it may start out as a slap and then weeks or months later develop to a severe beating if not death ..... I hope after a lengthy jail term they deport him maybe some of the other prisoners will teach him the error of his ways ..... would serve him right

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

If it were me, I'd pay the police to let him go and agree a time and place. Then tell the family and friends of the poor girl.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

If he really did it they should just drop him off in her town and drive away.