Immigration Bureau Targets Alien Visas

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder which visas they mean? The Bureau of Immigration (BI) will go after foreign nationals who are in the country illegally through the use of fraudulently acquired visas.BI officer in charge Ronaldo Ledesma on Sunday announced the creation of the Intelligence Analysis Unit (IAU) that will gather evidence and build up cases against foreigners who submitted fraudulent documents to get residency or work visas from the bureau.The complete story HERE

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I saw the article and am curious about who the targets are as well?

Jake
Posted
Posted

My understanding is that the BI is going after "residency and work visas". They should also concentrate cleaning up their own in house agents against briberies and fixers.Jake

RobertM
Posted
Posted

I can think of one well known expat who shouldn't qualify for a resident visa or any visa since he was black listed according to the papers at the time. He's also running or involved in different business activities that I doubt he has a work or business permit or visa.So good if the BI crack down on illegals. Get rid of some of the scum.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I can think of one well known expat who shouldn't qualify for a resident visa or any visa since he was black listed according to the papers at the time. He's also running or involved in different business activities that I doubt he has a work or business permit or visa.So good if the BI crack down on illegals. Get rid of some of the scum.
What goes around comes around…. eventually we will see him pictured behind bars again. Not a pretty picture. :cheersty:

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted
My understanding is that the BI is going after "residency and work visas". They should also concentrate cleaning up their own in house agents against briberies and fixers.Jake
Love it Jake.....