Meet Holly And Graham

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The future is here and it is probably going to get pretty crazy from here on out. Can you just imagine a person from out in the provinces, and who has not watched any cable TV, being greeted by one of these holograms as they board a ship, or as they arrive at an airport. Talk about being superstitious, I wonder what their reaction might be? ohmy.gif I remember way back, when my wife who had lived and worked in the city of CDO when we met, and then when she first arrived in the US back in the early 90's, and some months later we went into a drug store during Halloween, and there was this very lifelike witch, which was about one foot tall and pretty close to the door as we entered, and then it came alive and started to talk and moving as we got close to it, I will never forget the expression on my wifes face as it started to move while saying witch like words, and then my wife stepped back in sort of shock and I had to reassure her that it was just a doll because it was so real looking, and then she had to get closer to examine what the heck this little lifelike person really was, now if I were to exchange that for a hologram, see where I am coming from. biggrin.gif Ahhh, most of us take so much in stride or for granted nowadays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycd0npw39NQTravelers passing through security lines at the U.K.'s Luton Airport will now be greeted by two smiling, photogenic faces -- belonging to holographic announcers. According to the BBC,The complete story HERE

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Lester from "Red Dwarf" comes to mind but I'm just a SF nerd.