Canada Takes It Up The.....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It is my opinion that we will all someday face charges for time or gb's used, due to the internet being very crowded nowadays. Cell phone companies in the US are now starting to charge for and limit amounts, while others are coming out with unlimited plans, 89.gif Not sure why the differing thoughts on this but I still suspect they will all clamp down on users eventually.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
It is my opinion that we will all someday face charges for time or gb's used, due to the internet being very crowded nowadays. Cell phone companies in the US are now starting to charge for and limit amounts, while others are coming out with unlimited plans, 89.gif Not sure why the differing thoughts on this but I still suspect they will all clamp down on users eventually.
Comcast our cable provider charges for an upgrade but we have yet to need it. We have four or five computers going at one time and use Netflix every day. At this point the average user should be OK.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

yeah i know all about this and allot of people here AREN'T Happy about it !! , myself i dont like bandwith limits and my internet is capped at 125 gigs a month all though im always downloading or streaming videos but honestly i have never gone over , im with rogers internet its the largest cable tv and internet provider in canada !!! i think if the smaller internet providers here would have increased the peoples download rate to say 10 mbs a sec or 20 mbs and capped it at 100 gigs a month you prob wouldnt be hearing much from about this in the news !!! as i said im no fan of limits there should be providers that offer unlimited but yes THE BIG GUYS WINED AND GOT THERE WAY !!!! OldUgly&Cranky

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I have Comcast too. In November and December, I had 1250gb of dl. this resulted in my service being interupted. I have a 250gb monthly limit. Is there a limit on the providers in the RP? The reason for so much is that I bought a Kindle in September and I was dl books like crazy. Also, I didn't understand seeding, so I was letting people dl the stuff that I didn't remove from the folder, which you need to do, to continue to dl, but that resulted in a lot of the bandwidth being used.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have Comcast too. In November and December, I had 1250gb of dl. this resulted in my service being interupted. I have a 250gb monthly limit. Is there a limit on the providers in the RP? The reason for so much is that I bought a Kindle in September and I was dl books like crazy. Also, I didn't understand seeding, so I was letting people dl the stuff that I didn't remove from the folder, which you need to do, to continue to dl, but that resulted in a lot of the bandwidth being used.
At this point I know of no limit in the PHL and have not read of any but the service is usually slower than you pay for, so maybe that is how they limit people. You will here a lot of "up to sir" when you complain about not getting what you pay for, but just keep complaining and eventually you might get what you pay for. IMO most people who have very fast service in another country, will be terribly upset once the get to the PHL, that is unless maybe they get cable fast access there too.