Boat Trip

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I posted the post below on "another forum", yes I reconciled with Paul after we worked out some issues, and I thought some of you would like to know about it. It's not just a "another forum" thing, we've had mnay people go in the past who don't belong to forums at all. (Maybe the smarter ones!) LOL

With the holidays upon us, I thought it was not prudent to try and organize a trip for the end of December. BUT many have asked about a trip so we will try for Saturday, January 3rd.We leave from Olongo Wharf, adjacent to the Mactan Hilton. When approaching the dock, do not pay attention to the people who want to carry your bags. Pay P10 to the guard at the gate and drive to the end to unload. You will the have to come back out to park (unless you pay the guard) as they changed the rules about parking on the pier.We leave the wharf at 9:45 sharp. Text me if you will be late and we will calculate the fine! LOLOL 09177274287/09212503477We head to Pandanon Island and it's about a 30-40 minute journey depending on conditions. The island is quite beautiful and has nippa huts with tables to keep out of the sun. Depending on the crowd, we will have 1-2 tables/huts.Bring your own food/drinks/beer, there is very little available on the island. Sunscreen, water, hats snorkel gear are some items you may want to bring along.We get back to the dock between 4-5 most of the time. The cost is dependent on the number of attendees. Generally it runs P400-450 or so. Compare that to the tours that get P1800-2000, but the do give you a P100 lunch.PM me for special questions!I'm pretty sure that the following people will attend for startersJohnrainey, Mel and NaomiAncienrocka, Elsa +2+Markham, Leah +1Mike, JeanMe and KSo there are 14 to start it off! Some of the new people here in the city should jump on this chance to meet and greet!!!
Edited by BobNChe

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I posted the post below on "another forum", yes I reconciled with Paul after we worked out some issues, and I thought some of you would like to know about it. It's not just a "another forum" thing, we've had mnay people go in the past who don't belong to forums at all. (Maybe the smarter ones!) LOL
Thank you Bob for posting that and for welcoming our members as well. Glad to hear you and Paul worked it all out and that you are back on "another forum" (I just refuse to put in the n) SugarwareZ-004.gif Hope you all have a great boat trip, the one we were on earlier this year was great, so people should definitely try it at least once. Have fun and hope to see you in February at our informal get together on the 21st! :th_thsmilies-29057: BTW, the link you had did not work. I guess someone would have to be a member of "another forum" and signed in for it to work?ADDED I posted some pictures in this forums gallery of the boat trip. Edited by Mr. Lee

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I wish I was going to be arriving in Cebu just a couple days earlier. I would jump at the chance to go on a boat trip. I've read about these trips numerous times and they always seem like alot of fun. Plus it would give me chance to meet alot of the forum members and learn from their experiences there in Cebu. Hopefully my next visit I will be able to take a trip with you guys.EnjoyBrett

Steve
Posted
Posted
I wish I was going to be arriving in Cebu just a couple days earlier. I would jump at the chance to go on a boat trip. I've read about these trips numerous times and they always seem like alot of fun. Plus it would give me chance to meet alot of the forum members and learn from their experiences there in Cebu. Hopefully my next visit I will be able to take a trip with you guys.EnjoyBrett
They are fun. I try to plan my trips near the end of the month so I can attend.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Looks like there will be 30+ on this one, biggest yet. There is not going to be a specific schedule in the future I think. When interest peaks or there are several people arriving within a certain period, we will go. When they were scheduled, I had to fight to get enough people to hold the cost down. I announced this one impromptu at the behest of some friends and we had 30+ in three days time.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Looks like there will be 30+ on this one, biggest yet. There is not going to be a specific schedule in the future I think. When interest peaks or there are several people arriving within a certain period, we will go. When they were scheduled, I had to fight to get enough people to hold the cost down. I announced this one impromptu at the behest of some friends and we had 30+ in three days time.
Would be coming myself but picking up some friends from the Airport.. maybe next trip..