Buying Land

Steve
Posted
Posted

What is the time frame to complete a land purchase? What I mean is, providing that there are no liens against the land and all is free and clear, how long would it take from the time we agree with the Realtor until the deed is in her name?I am just trying to get a feel for how long my next vacation should be (preferably forever...lol)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
What is the time frame to complete a land purchase? What I mean is, providing that there are no liens against the land and all is free and clear, how long would it take from the time we agree with the Realtor until the deed is in her name?I am just trying to get a feel for how long my next vacation should be (preferably forever...lol)
Getting our condo deed after we paid for the unit in full, took over 3 months and that was partly because the boss at BIR who signs that type of thing was on vacation and then went on sick leave when she came back. It is very weird to me that no one else would sign it, not even her assistant and when she goes on vacation, everything stops, but that is the Philippines for you. She had a pile on her desk when she got back, that she had to go through one by one and sign and register and earn her pay.So my answer to your question, although different than land, it will all depend on who in government is on vacation at the time, no matter what anyone else answers you. Edited by Mr. Lee

Steve
Posted
Posted

Would I be able to have the title sent to the in-laws or would it have to be picked up in person or by an assigned agent(in-law)?

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
Would I be able to have the title sent to the in-laws or would it have to be picked up in person or by an assigned agent(in-law)?
1. Never involve the in-laws. If they make a wrong descision who do you blame?2. Do you know your lawyer very well. If not don't even dream of a land deal.3. Fake land deals are always a possibility. The lawyer needs to be very experienced to make sure every angle is covered and the land actually exists!4. NEVER trust a developer's agent or indeed ANYONE, including the inlaws. I say that because they could be given a pack of lies and the Filipino way is to trust what is said and thus may accept the lies if they sound plausable.5. Always view the land yourself. Walk the boundary, look at the neighbours and talk to them if possible. I would do that if the land was in the UK, US or Germany. In the Philippines, it is the first thing I would do and if you don't, sorry to say this, but you are a fool.To do the research, review deeds, inspect the devlopment plans, services etc, would take at least 3 months and probably 6. It would take the same time in the UK so why faster here when records are poor, no one can be trusted and you are a Kano?