Ensuring A Water Supply

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

When building in the Philippines I frequently see people using an elevated tank, similar to the one in the picture below. There are many reasons for doing it, here are a few:Using a well, you pump from the well to the tank and gravity feed from there. It means you have water during power failures and constant water pressure without overworking your pump.Using city water. You let the city water fill the tank when the pressure is high, such as during the night, then you have steady pressure during the day when the city pressure drops to near zero.2 or more stories. Again you need to have a steady pressure system for the higher levels and the city water seldom has enough pressure for that.So the problem I see is, the water quality from the city tap is not great. I have filled a clean water bottle with tap water to carry in my car to add to the radiator as needed. Inside of a week that water goes horribly green unless I add bleach to it. It seems the city water here is not sufficiently chlorinated. So when the water goes up to that huge storage container, how safe is it? Do they use a home treatment system? Do they occasionally shock treat it with bleach? Do they know there is green slime in the water (the tank is not see through)?Any observations on this will be appreciated.mak20166jpg.jpg

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

In order to be truly safe, one has to spend on a good water purification system and they don't come cheap here in the Philippines! Most of us just buy bottled water primarily for drinking and cooking! So, water from any other source for bathing is another issue of concern if it's safe enough for personal private bathing in the home and that depends where one lives and what the water source is or where it comes from! I'm sure if one does their research on the internet, one can find a solution, but at a cost! Good luck!