Well We Are Back In Cebu & Always Learning

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Seems every time we return there is yet another issue that comes up. We got here in the middle of the night only to find our local phone was not working and our dsl was very intermittent. Of course PLDT says it is a problem in the buildings wiring and the building says it has to be a PLDT problem and both were working on trying to fix the phone line when it came back on, so now I will never know if PLDT fixed it in there office or the maintenance people at the condo fixed the issue, yet I wonder why this seems to happen almost every year that something does not work and we have to call to get it fixed. Last year the phone worked but the dsl did not, seems a breaker at the main office was off and I have to wonder how it could have been off so long with no one complaining? Oh well, living in the Philippines has its issues and living here part of the year has those issues plus others. SugarwareZ-034.gifOh and then there is the mystery to me of how batteries go dead when we do not even leave them in the items while we are away? 89.gif I wonder if we have ghosts. 89.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Oh and then there is the mystery to me of how batteries go dead when we do not even leave them in the items while we are away? 89.gif I wonder if we have ghosts. 89.gif
You dont have ghosts, all batteries will discharge over time when not in use. 89.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Oh and then there is the mystery to me of how batteries go dead when we do not even leave them in the items while we are away? 89.gif I wonder if we have ghosts. 89.gif
You dont have ghosts, all batteries will discharge over time when not in use. 89.gif
I have not found that to be true in the past. I use Duracell batteries and I have left them out of remotes for years at a time and they never went dead before. I do know that rechargeable batteries will go dead when not in use, but standard batteries should last years, or at least that has been my experience. If what you say is true, then batteries would not have a shelf age date of about 5 years on them and I have had batteries way beyond the expiration date on them and they still worked fine. Just got off the phone with PLDT because my dsl keeps going off and on and has gone off at least 20 times since we arrived and it usually last a few minutes and then is back on. So the saga of lousy phone lines and dsl continues and has for the whole time we have been living in Cebu. My guess is that they do not have enough infrastructure in place for the amount of customers they have.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My guess is that they do not have enough infrastructure in place for the amount of customers they have.
I believe that is true for all the Internet companies. I hear that same problem about cable internet, smart bro and, to a lesser extent Globe lines. Welcome to the Philippines, where we try to ignore the bad and celebrate the good.