Cost Of Living In Manila

acman
Posted
Posted (edited)

im thinkling of moving to the manila area for 3 to 6 months.Anyone have idea how much money i would need a month? i can live fairly simple got to have air con but can deal with cold showers.Im not gonna be bar hoping.Maybe a few beers sometime.Any ideas about rent cost?

Edited by acman

TheMason
Posted
Posted
im thinkling of moving to the manila area for 3 to 6 months.Anyone have idea how much money i would need a month? i can live fairly simple got to have air con but can deal with cold showers.Im not gonna be bar hoping.Maybe a few beers sometime.Any ideas about rent cost?
Rents in Manila vary widely based on the part of town you are in. Three to six months is still going to be considered a short term rental so you'll pay higher rates. I've rented in various parts of Manila in the past. Some included Internet and cable, others didn't. None of them included electricity. If you need AC 24/7, expect to pay at least 7k for your electric bill. Here's what I paid in each location for a furnished, 1 bedroom condo. If you can deal with a studio, figure 25-30% less in rent.Makati, Libis, Ortigas- 35-45k Mandaluyong City-15-25k.Valenzuela, Malabon-3-10k. (I don't recommend either of these areas unless you really want to be immersed in the Filipino lifestyle/culture. There are virtually no foreigners or foreign amenities anywhere here)These are just guidelines. Rates will vary significantly based on specific location, quality of furnishings and amenities, and how you find the place. If you're searching via the Internet, you'll pay a lot more. The best way is to have a local find a place for you before you arrive. If you don't have someone you trust to deal with locally, I'd recommend renting a hotel room for a week or so and then get one of the classified ad publications from 7-11, I think the one I used was called Buy and Sell. There are hundreds of rentals listed throughout Manila.Rentals are one of the few things that don't have different prices for foreigners and locals. When I was looking in the classifieds for a place, I'd have my Filipino friend call and get the price. Then I'd call and do the same. In almost all cases, we were quoted the same price.

• 5 months later...
Malibogmike
Posted
Posted (edited)

wow i cant wait to start living the dream i hope 2 yrs rent cheap and the ladies

Edited by Mr. Lee
word removed by forum staff

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
wow i cant wait to start living the dream i hope 2 yrs rent cheap and the ladies
Good luck to you.