Coin Diver

gapotwo
Posted
Posted (edited)
the patch
OK somethings not working......:SugarwareZ-034:JAKE ,give me a couple of days. i might also find the MUFF DIVER emblem.........................tanks EJ.
finally went in...................................
Hey EJ,Where did you get that patch? I want one -- that's where I was certified for muff diving.Jake

post-1250-0-98976100-1298001889_thumb.jp

Edited by Mr. Lee
split from another topic by Jake

Jake
Posted
Posted
the patch
OK somethings not working......:SugarwareZ-034:JAKE ,give me a couple of days. i might also find the MUFF DIVER emblem.........................tanks EJ.
finally went in...................................
Hey EJ,Where did you get that patch? I want one -- that's where I was certified for muff diving.Jake
Thank you EJ for showing that photo of "Chit River" which shows a bridge that connects Olongapo City to the formal Subic Bay US Naval Base.The lovely young girls on the banca boats have a cone shaped object to catch coins being tossed from sailors and marines. Often times thecoins are purposely tossed beyond their reach and that's when the coin divers (young boys) would go into action. In spite of the brown andmurky water, the coin divers will dive repeatedly to retrieve all shiny things from the bottom, including washers and slugs. During monsoonseason, chit river is full of bio-hazards but it was their only means of livelihood. The stench from the river was enough to sober up a drunken sailor staggering back to base.I was given the nickname "coin diver" because my first day in high school (located on base), I had a pocket full of coins as my lunch money.Didn't realize the meaning until my first walk across that bridge. Respectfully -- Jake

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

HEY coindiver.... stomped a few missions across myself,when i get back to the land of the big boom boom, ill take a picture sitting right in the middle of the bridge , and post it here on the forum. and a longer post , anyway im ready to leave MAUI, and head to the land of the big PX. FOR A FAMILY REUNION IN LONG BEACH ,then im off to the wild wild east.:SugarwareZ-034: LOOK OUT PINAS!!! HERE I COME.........tanks EJ.