Dehydrated Potato

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Question for the Cebu supermarket enthusiast Do they have dehydrated potato,(instant mash) maybe like the deb brand we have here?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dehydrated potato (instant mash)? Never had it, except for the regular mashed potatoes! Is it like MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) out on the battle field? Sounds nasty! Whatever for? How does one prepare it and in what kind of dish? Is Shepard's pie an Australian dish besides in the U.K.? Had it once, no twice and didn't like it, kind of bland for my taste! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Edited by Art2ro

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Dehydrated potato (instant mash)? Never had it, except for the regular mashed potatoes! Is it like MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) out on the battle field? Sounds nasty! Whatever for? How does one prepare it and in what kind of dish? Is Shepard's pie an Australian dish besides in the U.K.? Had it once, no twice and didn't like it, kind of bland for my taste! SugarwareZ-034.gif
Basically it is just dehydrated potato,bit like flakes of potato, you just add boiling water,salt and pepper if you wish and mix,instant mashed potato,comes out the same as you might buy from KFC as mashed potato and gravy.Its just real potato dehydrated and shaved into tiny pieces and once the boiling water mixes it expands.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

OK! That's just the regular type of instant mashed potatoes (dried flakes) my wife always buy at SM mall supermarket, but I don't know what brand name it is. I prefer mashed potatoes and gravy over rice any day! But no Shepard's pie for me! The only pie I like is Marie Calender's chicken pot pies at S & R in Alabang! I wish they had other stuff like London Broil, roast beef or beef stew dinners!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Is Shepard's pie an Australian dish besides in the U.K.? Had it once, no twice and didn't like it, kind of bland for my taste! SugarwareZ-034.gif
My guess is there would probably be hundreds of different versions of Shepard's Pie so who knows. Last year we ate at a restaurant at Ayala and a member here ordered what was listed as Australian pie, I asked him if he liked it and he said yes it was nice or words to that, a few weeks later my wife and I were in the same restaurant so I decided to try it and it was not like any Australian pie I have ever eaten. 89.gifI believe real Shepard's pie is made with lamb but some use beef these days.