Nonito Donaire

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Anyone see Nonito Donaire's vicious second round KO of Fernando Montiel last week? That kid is good. I've thought so for a while, that he's actually better than Manny was at the same weight classes, if not at the same age. Without a question he's more skilled than Manny was. Manny has only become a slickish boxer since rising in weight. Against guys "his own size" he was a brawler, and not the most technical. Technically, Donaire is a Madman, and he's got the KO's to prove it. If only he could get in some more big fights finally.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

And just think, Doniare took Montiel's crown at the 118 lb weight limit! He will probably reach Manny in 8 weight divisions won too eventually! I still want to see a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight! Could be the biggest pay day for the both of them if it ever happens! And what about Mosley? That could be in the cards too!

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
And just think, Doniare took Montiel's crown at the 118 lb weight limit! He will probably reach Manny in 8 weight divisions won too eventually! I still want to see a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight! Could be the biggest pay day for the both of them if it ever happens! And what about Mosley? That could be in the cards too!
Manny is fighting Mosley in April or May. It's actually a disappointment to most fans because Mosley has shown a lot of age lately, and fans wanted a third match with Marquez. If Mayweather doesn't come around next, then it probably will be Marquez. About rising in weight, Donaire is actually working with Victor Conte, the BALCO scandal guy who did time in jail for helping everyone from Marion Jones to Shayne Mosley cheat. Now that he's done his time, and is a known cheat, he claims that he's trying to apply his knowledge above the table and help someone win within the rules. I believe it, though either way is possible. Why would Donaire go to Conte of all people for help if he wanted to cheat? (wink wink... because he's the best!)But still, I don't think Donaire is cheating. Conte was the best at cheating because he was the best period. Take away the cheating and he's still probably one of the very best. Working with him is probably a good move for Donaire, though if he wins in 8 divisions, people will without a doubt accuse him of cheating.