Npa In Colon

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Tonight on the news here in Cebu it showed a group of NPA with face coverings and signs were rallying in Colon ..... didn't last long as they shouted and held up their signs and then drop them before dispersing into the crowds before the police had a chance to arrive ..... just goes to show you never know who is around you .....

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Mike, I seriously doubt that any NPA guerrillas were among the "sympathizers" who chose to make some headlines. I don't think we are in any imminent danger.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Tonight on the news here in Cebu it showed a group of NPA with face coverings and signs were rallying in Colon ..... didn't last long as they shouted and held up their signs and then drop them before dispersing into the crowds before the police had a chance to arrive ..... just goes to show you never know who is around you .....
Did any of the signs say Mike go Home? :thumbsup:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

No ... but they did take my seat at the Jollibee near the window ......

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...bCategoryId=107 CPP-NPA members stage "lightning rally" in masks Updated December 31, 2008 12:00 AM CEBU - At least 11 people claiming to be members of the Community Party of the Philippines- New People's Army yesterday staged a picket downtown, four days after they celebrated their 40th anniversary last December 26.But the group only managed to stay for about five minutes after policemen arrived to disperse the picket.Group members with covered faces brought placards with the statements, "rebolusyonaryo ang tubag sa kalisdan" and "Isulong ang armadong pakipagbisog".In a statement released earlier, the group said it has no intention of making it easy for government troops to declare the movement "irrelevant," as it is even planning a five-year expansion plan for the NPA.The CPP central committee said the NPA should now deal with the impunity of high bureaucrats and military officials in violating human rights, as well as with the impunity of high bureaucrats and military officials in perpetrating treason, plunder, and human rights violations.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
No ... but they did take my seat at the Jollibee near the window ......
Good for you then. The beggar kids would not be able to hassle you while you eat! LOL