Vonage Unlimited Calling To The Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

For those of you who call often, this might help to save money, or at least make it more convenient to call, but at a fairly high price. Anyone using Vonage now? How is the quality of those calls?Philippines Unlimited Includes:

• Unlimited1 calling to landline and mobile phones in the Philippines and lowinternational rates everywhere else
  • Simple dialing - no access codes or calling cards needed
  • Unlimited1 local and long distance calling in the U.S. including Canadaand Puerto Rico
  • Unlimited readable voicemail transcriptions sent via text and email≠
  • Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, Anonymous Call Block, 3-Way callingand tons of other standard features
  • Unlimited 411 Directory Assistance
  • $64.99 per month and the killer pars is, plus taxes and fees

4thDan
Posted
Posted
For those of you who call often, this might help to save money, or at least make it more convenient to call, but at a fairly high price. Anyone using Vonage now? How is the quality of those calls?Philippines Unlimited Includes:
  • Unlimited1 calling to landline and mobile phones in the Philippines and lowinternational rates everywhere else
  • Simple dialing - no access codes or calling cards needed
  • Unlimited1 local and long distance calling in the U.S. including Canadaand Puerto Rico
  • Unlimited readable voicemail transcriptions sent via text and email≠
  • Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, Anonymous Call Block, 3-Way callingand tons of other standard features
  • Unlimited 411 Directory Assistance
  • $64.99 per month and the killer pars is, plus taxes and fees

I have used Magic Jack since I moved to Cebu last May. I set it up before I left the States, but you can have someone buy one there, set it up and ship it here to you. It is an annual fee basis, about 1/3rd of Vonnage monthly fee. As it is set up with a phone number from the US, ALL calls to the US and Canada are free...both ways. unlimited time. It also can be configured so that your computer picks up messages if someone calls you and you don't have it plugged into your pc. As long as you have a good internet connection the voice quality is fantastic, weak connections distort the sound. I think i read that they are offering a 5 year time extend for something along the lines of $50 or so. QUITE ECONOMICAL....I used it a lot when i was doing my taxes, talking to different govt. irs departments and had no problems with the phone....the IRS yeah well that's another story.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

i emailed Vonage, you must have a US billing address. US credit card, they will NOT send the "unit" to overseas address.for my experience this may be helpful for some .as you have a US phone number to be reached. plus FREE local(phil) calls. however a CALLBACK SERVICE may be appropiate for those who dont have a internet connection.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
i emailed Vonage, you must have a US billing address. US credit card, they will NOT send the "unit" to overseas address.for my experience this may be helpful for some .as you have a US phone number to be reached. plus FREE local(phil) calls. however a CALLBACK SERVICE may be appropiate for those who dont have a internet connection.
Yes Vonage will not send one out of the country and it has to be initially set up in the US by a friend or family and then shipped or brought over, so that is why I also use a Magic Jack which is tiny to carry with me whenever I travel and only cost me $40 to buy and included the first years service, and then another $70 more I got 5 more years of service, so I got 6 years of total service for $110 and do not have to pay another penny during that time. Magic Jack has gotten better and better over time and it also has a call forwarding service included, so it can forward or make unlimited amounts of calls to any US or Canada number for free, and for a per minute fee it can forward to a Philippine cell phone, which is what I do at times when expecting an important call and knowing I will not be home to receive it. IMHO Magic Jack is one of the most cost effective ways to go, but of course not the only way, and others may find their way better for their needs. Different strokes for different folks.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, we only use Magic Jack and Skype! Can't get any cheaper than that! And no contract and or monthly billing! AddEmoticons04230.gif

• 1 month later...
Keg
Posted
Posted

google talk is free