'gma May Extend Term If Cha-cha Fails'

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...ubCategoryId=63 'GMA may extend term if Cha-cha fails' Updated December 31, 2008 12:00 AM President Arroyo will declare martial law or a state of emergency to extend her stay in office beyond June 30, 2010 if Charter change fails, according to former speaker Jose de Venecia Jr.The Pangasinan lawmaker said Mrs. Arroyo intimated to him her options when the two of them were still on speaking terms."In fact, that was our objective in 2006 when we first launched Cha-cha through people's initiative and later through a House-only constituent assembly (con-a**) Edited by Mr. Lee

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I am feeling vuja de. You know the feeling this has never happened before. :th_thanx: Now the NPA is spreading and an uprising in Mindinao. Why whatever can be done. :as-if: Who besides me is just completly surprised by this turn of events? :thumbsup:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am feeling vuja de. You know the feeling this has never happened before. :th_thanx: Now the NPA is spreading and an uprising in Mindinao. Why whatever can be done. :as-if: Who besides me is just completly surprised by this turn of events? :thumbsup:
It is more of the same old stuff, but since JDV was once an inside person, and what he says about her reasons for having to stay in power is very true, so that the opposition does not end up doing to her what the govt did to Estrada, every expat should be aware around June of 2010 because it might not be a good time to be in the country, and those in the country should probably lay low during that time.Remember that there will be no coming or going for a while, if it does happen, and IMO, the only way it will not happen, is if someone who is friendly to her gets into power. I know I sure would not like to be in hers and her families shoes, after the next president gets elected. I am not taking sides, just stating my thoughts on the issue.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well take anything that Jose de Venecia Jr. says with a grain of salt .... after all he is running against her in 2010 ..... I really don't think that she would go that far ....... if so it is going to get pretty nasty here ... for everyone

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

They could just go to Hawaii for a few years claim they are broke come back and run for congress. Worked once. :36_1_68[1]: :thumbsup:

Mik
Posted
Posted

Laying low is my pastime. GMA couldn't get away with declaring martial law unless there was widespread chaos and near total economic collapse. But those things could happen.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)
Laying low is my pastime. GMA couldn't get away with declaring martial law unless there was widespread chaos and near total economic collapse. But those things could happen.
Yes and the economic collapse will be her fault as she is borrowing money they may never be able to pay back. So she will cause the collapse to enable her to stay in power. Sounds like a well thought out devious plan! Edited by BobNChe

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Or could be made to happen. Or at least the appearence it is happening.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Yes and the economic collapse will be her fault as she is borrowing money they may never be able to pay back. So she will cause the collapse to enable her to stay in power. Sounds like a well thought out devious plan!
Give the man a cigar. SugarwareZ-003.gif