Plug In Time Delay Relay

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I bought two when we first bought our condo here in Cebu and I hooked one to the microwave and refrigerator and the second to the TV, DVD player, stereo tuner and surround sound, and basically all it does is when the power goes off, it goes off and when the power comes back on, the unit takes a few minutes before restoring power to the appliances or whatever is plugged into it. I do not know if any of you has ever put a volt meter on your socket and watched it when the power comes back on or not, but the power will either climb slowly, and sometimes surge way past 240 volts and then slowly stabilizes and within minutes goes to the proper power for your appliances, so if you wish to save your items from a possibly burn out, then these devices can really help. The sell an inexpensive one and a heavy duty one that cost about p890 and has two outlets in it, upstairs in SM in the electronic department. Then for the aircon Aces sells a magnetic switch that shuts off when the power goes off and you have to manually reset it after waiting a few minutes after the power is restored to make sure the power has stabilized. You will find one of these used in most hotels here that use window or wall type aircons. Any and all of the above devices may save you an expensive repair bill and especially the one for the aircon or the refrigerator because it is very bad for their compressors when the power goes off and on. Anyone use any of these and have any comments?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yup! We have 2 time delay relays for just for our A/C and refrigerator! One small 250 watt output voltage regulator for my PC. None for our TVs, washing machine or electric dryer. I guess it works, never had any units go out on us since 2001. Yeah, that's a long time for all our electrical stuff, except for my desktop PC is only 3 yrs old. Even my 1979 Toyota Corolla, she is still in good condition and so is my '83 wife too, but eventually one of the them will need a new makeover! Yeah, I think I'll put my money into my "Little Red" Toyota, she deserves it more! mocking.gif AddEmoticons04230.gif

Edited by Art2ro