Corregidor Island

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Has anyone ever been here? IF you have visited Please post your comments.Me &my child visit about 2x a year . as its so clean.quite,SAFE and of course Historical,very inexpensive. very quite that you cant hear anything at some parts of the isle . It has no night clubs or discos Just a very laid back atmosphere If you do plan to visit. Try to stay overnight, as the day tour is just TOO SHORT.36_1_68[1].gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
Has anyone ever been here? IF you have visited Please post your comments.Me &my child visit about 2x a year . as its so clean.quite,SAFE and of course Historical,very inexpensive. very quite that you cant hear anything at some parts of the isle . It has no night clubs or discos Just a very laid back atmosphere If you do plan to visit. Try to stay overnight, as the day tour is just TOO SHORT.36_1_68[1].gif
Thank you Ed for the information. Although I have never been there, I would love to visit and possibly stay overnight, as you suggested. I would also like to walk or mountain bike at least part of the famous BataanDeath March.Again, thank you sir -- Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ed! Corregidor Island is near the top of my to-do to-see list. Is there a tour company you recommend? Thank you for suggesting doing an overnight to see all the features there. Have you had a chance to spend the night?

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Only 1 main company that does tours now. its SUN CRUISES .(google sun cruises for web site) departs CCP at 8am, check in 7am arrive 945am. tour til lunch. then more tour til 230pm, you can check in your room at lunch. then have rest of day to yourselves. they do offer other activities. Am planning to go later this week so my child & I can spend the weekend . If you plan in advance, there is an American (YES) who can be your tour guide. just (reserve) ask for him about 7days in advance. his name is STEVE . . to all who can, Please visit. its a laid back, quite atmosphere 36_1_68[1].gif

Edited by ed villas

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

For those adventurous types, you can deviate away from the standard group tours. Not sure how it works now but in 2005 I wanted to visit Corregidor. We arrived to late at the fiery terminal for the group tour. My wife and her sister were approached by one of the porters there at the terminal. He asked if we would want a more private tour. At first it worried me a bit but sister in law is PNP so why not give it a go.What a great trip! We took a fiery to Orion Bataan. then a car took us on the highway where the death march route was. Every few miles there were signs posted about the history of it. We boarded a small trimaran boat and headed for Corregidor. It was about 30 minute ride. Once on the island, there as a jeep waiting for us. We were driven all around the Island at our own leisure. Towards the end of the day we boarded the same trimaran and followed the same route back to Manila.The porter at the terminal was a great guide. Knew his history well. The cost was just a little bit more than what the standard group tour was. I cannot remember the amount. After returning I can say the whole experience would have been worth double the price.

post-635-0-00145500-1303072138_thumb.jpg

post-635-0-83734100-1303072217_thumb.jpg