Advice Needed....desperate

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

This seems to be getting ridiculous....My friends daughter is 14.Her school said she wouldn't be allowed to graduate if her birth certificate was not signed by the doctor.The birth certificate has apparently been sent to records in Manila...where she was born.....from the records dept in Cebu.My friend has been told it could be 6 months before the matter is sorted as there are some...7000!!...similar situations to be prossessed....seems like bullsh&t to me.Now the school is saying the daughter won't even be allowed to return next term for the start of her second last year.WTF is going on I don't know.Is there any advice from anyone here?Is it possible to claim the cerificate is lost and apply for a copy...I just can't believe the BS with all this.How can a kid be denied an education....there's kids all over the place being born in the wild without a midwife or doctor present who can go to school.Whay can be done to get this matter sorted?Thanks

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

that is total horse waste in my book a child should not be denied an education for a lack of a certificate of birth. but then in the philippines a little donation to the right pockets, will open doors, part water, and get things done in a hurry. ive heard that a baptismal certificate stands a lot of ground there.check with the local parish and see were that goes.at least it is local and u dont have to deal with the government beurocrats.. just my 2 centavos worth. tanks EJ.:)

Candyman
Posted
Posted
This seems to be getting ridiculous....My friends daughter is 14.Her school said she wouldn't be allowed to graduate if her birth certificate was not signed by the doctor.The birth certificate has apparently been sent to records in Manila...where she was born.....from the records dept in Cebu.My friend has been told it could be 6 months before the matter is sorted as there are some...7000!!...similar situations to be prossessed....seems like bullsh&t to me.Now the school is saying the daughter won't even be allowed to return next term for the start of her second last year.WTF is going on I don't know.Is there any advice from anyone here?Is it possible to claim the cerificate is lost and apply for a copy...I just can't believe the BS with all this.How can a kid be denied an education....there's kids all over the place being born in the wild without a midwife or doctor present who can go to school.Whay can be done to get this matter sorted?Thanks
I wish you luck with that one Roy ! Almost two years ago, my sister in law, discovered that she was incorrectly listed as a "male" instead of "female" on her birth certificate, and needed to get that changed, just so as she could apply for a passport. Well, the BS involved with all this, you simply would not believe. She had to go, to her place of birth, and get affidavits off the people there, saying she was in fact a girl, and born on that date, then she had to go to every school she ever attended and get signed statements off the headmasters, saying she was who she said she was, plus, the priest presiding over her baptismal.She has also had four separate court appearances, so far, within the past two years, and still nothing has been changed ! She is still listed as a "Male" on the birth certificate ! We have employed a couple of different lawyers, and an immigration agent, as well, at the cost of tens of thousands of pesos so far, and still nothing is resolved.Incidentally, and connected to this saga, her sister, also wanted a passport at the same time. Her birth certificate was correct, EXCEPT, for a different date of marriage for her parents ! In this family there are five sisters and a brother, (including my wife, who has had a passport for years). Anyway, on further investigation, it was found that five out of the six kids, had different marriage dates for their parents written on their birth certificates !The parents had to go back to the place of marriage, find the priest, and the witnesses, and get sworn statements off all of those, then they had to go back to court to get this anomaly fixed, which they did. Consequently, Emilyn's birth certificate was changed by the court to reflect the proper wedding date, and in due time, a passport was issued to her, and we had her out here for a visit for three months, in late 2009 ! Her sister, however is still in limbo, with the male to Female mistake, and she is due to go back to court again, next month ! Whether or not common sense will prevail this time is anybodies guess, but I for one am heartily sick of it, I even said to her she might have to flash the judge to prove it ! She is, and always has been a girl, and is also the mother of a little boy, so I really cannot see why it is taking so long, and at such great expense, to fix a mistake that simply should not have happened in the first place !

Jake
Posted
Posted
that is total horse waste in my book a child should not be denied an education for a lack of a certificate of birth. but then in the philippines a little donation to the right pockets, will open doors, part water, and get things done in a hurry. ive heard that a baptismal certificate stands a lot of ground there.check with the local parish and see were that goes.at least it is local and u dont have to deal with the government beurocrats.. just my 2 centavos worth. tanks EJ.:)
Hello Roy,Unfortunately, I have to agree with Gapotwo. I know from personal experience that even a priest can be "persuaded" to sign baptismal certificates.It was a nice looking document with ribbons and official golden stamp of the local church.Good luck -- Jake

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

sad but true. but i know firsthand that people in the ph. honor the church more than the government. so a baptismal cert. should get the ball rolling in your direction, while you wait for the gov. to get of their butts.and issue a birth cert. oh and dont forget do donate to your favorite helping parish. just another day of doing business in the ph.:yes: tanks ej.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
I’m thinking simple extortion. Or it could be for some reason someone has a grudge. Is there another good local school that she could be enrolled at?Not saying you must feed the crocodiles but it could simplify things until you can sort out the records. Edited by Old55

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

She has the baptism certificate...had to go back to the church Manila to get that copy...and use it as evidence of approximate birthdate, name, age, etc.There's no grudge involved ...I think it's just a heap of effing crap....Thanks for the replies but is there any advice as to what to do, who to contact, etc