Finally, But I Am Sure I Read This A While Ago Too?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Din't they have a story like this a year or two ago? So it is probably just another way for them to indiscriminately enforce the law to make the most money for them. The complete story HERE

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

You are correct Lee. I’ve read this in the Freeman or whatnot at least once before.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Of all my years driving in PI, I have never encountered anyone driving without their headlights on at night.This is something new to me......has anyone ask the local drivers why they drive blind at night?Respectfully -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Of all my years driving in PI, I have never encountered anyone driving without their headlights on at night.This is something new to me......has anyone ask the local drivers why they drive blind at night?Respectfully -- Jake
It is very common in Cebu and in fact the taxi that took us to the party and the one who took us to meet Tom and then the one that brought us home, all had their lights off most of the time. They seem to think it saves fuel, but the problem is that it will cost them a new headlight eventually and even if it did save fuel, then it would be made up with the replacement cost of the headlamp. There is no way to convince them otherwise since it seems to be a wise tale that is embedded into all their heads, so they refuse to turn the lights on, even many times when we insist.