Daily Feed 450 Kids And Educate Them To Pros

talim
Posted
Posted
If members donate to this cause we advise that its in your best interest to check out the organization as we do not and do not warrant its legitimacy

I am quite often up in Tagaytay and discovered this nice organisation, runned by Italians, Germans, Spanish and Philippinos + you name it...The Foundation was created some 40 years ago by some Italian Lady that wanted to create communication betwenn the different religions and help the poor running in bad siutuations, in short...Now for over 10 years they are in Tagaytay with this 3 different activity sectors ( they do much more!!) :PAG ASA - feeds daily around 450 Kids, the mothers have to come and cook in the community kitchen alternatively in order to make it not only free but against some work.Food is as well sold to poor families at very well sponsored rates. They organise Schooling and follow up the kids until they are grown up and professionals.Some youngs are coming from all over the world for a reeducation, if they had social problems with drugs or police, it is a way to live in a family kind of circle.I really found the movement nice and not as a sect ! All member dedicate themself against just their cost of living, accomodation, food, many stay for years or life as it is a way of living surrounded in a nioce community...If you want to donate or order stuff from them to support them, it is a really worhty cause, you can as well visit them, they welcome all ! They are located just after the Cross Winds estate, on the right the lodging and on the left the social center and carpentry, school...I realy wish them well further ! Thumbs up to those guys !

talim
Posted
Posted (edited)

I can tell that this organisation is guenuinely GOOD, and wants to do good only further !ONE WAY TO DONATE TO THEM : Old Gold Teethial center that feeds this 450 kids daylyreceived funds from a dentist in Germany. Those funds were then invested in a very nice dentistry room where they take care for free of the teeth of as much poor kids as they can.The dentist operating are asked not to PULL OUT TEETH, only if really necessary ! Pulling out seems to be the trend in Phils as it is cheaper and fast, not at PAG ASA !There is no all time dentist, but few half day per month some dentist are hired at a discounted rate, i think 3 are actually helping in the cause if i remember well...The funds to run this free dentist service are coming from one only dentist in Germany that ask his patient if they can donate the Gold Teeth for this cause. It raises few thousand Euros per year, good but not enough !If you have a dentist friend, it would be nice if you can ask him if the same gold Teeh collection could be done at his end for Pag Asa !In one of the next post i will place the fotos of the Pag Asa dentist room, as soon as i know how to place pics in this forum.To get in touch with them, the email of the German Manager that dedicates himself to the cause is following :

Email address has been removed because it is third party.
If in Tagaytay, visit the place, all welcome ! Good people doing a great job ! It has a Christian side of it, but it is no endoctrinment, what i find good, the movement is aimed at opening the dialogue between all the religions... Edited by Mr. Lee
remove email address

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

does this organization have a website or a listing that we can review? is it registered as a NGO ? can it be accessed online ?thanks

talim
Posted
Posted

Hi Ed,I think they are registered as NGO or such, may be it's a foundation, will ask next time i'm up there, what is sure it that funds are used mostly for the kids and all people involved do it near for free or for a way of life !Regarding websites, not sure the Expat Forum wants link in posts but google those following 3 names and you will reach their different websites.Pag Asa - this is the social center where they feed, educate and follow up education and health of kidsFavola - Is the T-shirt silk screen production where they form kids in a job and make shirts to raise funds for their needsFocolare - is a carpentry shop, again where they follow up the youngs in a job learning...I am not involved in any way other then trying donating to them or helping out the way i can, i was warned that post might be removed as even a charity organisation is a "money making" corporation somehow... I would be glad the owner of this forum leaves this thread as is and anyone is welcome visit their place up in Tagaytay to appreciate the dedication those guys give for the poor community up there...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hi Ed,I think they are registered as NGO or such, may be it's a foundation, will ask next time i'm up there, what is sure it that funds are used mostly for the kids and all people involved do it near for free or for a way of life !Regarding websites, not sure the Expat Forum wants link in posts but google those following 3 names and you will reach their different websites.Pag Asa - this is the social center where they feed, educate and follow up education and health of kidsFavola - Is the T-shirt silk screen production where they form kids in a job and make shirts to raise funds for their needsFocolare - is a carpentry shop, again where they follow up the youngs in a job learning...I am not involved in any way other then trying donating to them or helping out the way i can, i was warned that post might be removed as even a charity organisation is a "money making" corporation somehow... I would be glad the owner of this forum leaves this thread as is and anyone is welcome visit their place up in Tagaytay to appreciate the dedication those guys give for the poor community up there...
As explained in a PM,your post was posted when you were a new member,for all we knew at the time you may have been one of the heaps of spammers that try every day.