5 Inch Group At 1000 Yards By A Wwii Vet

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This video shows that we do not necessarily lose our skills as we age. A tribute to a WWII sniper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQRpAxGVg4M

Jake
Posted
Posted

WWII sniper Ted Gundy still has the skills to reach out and "touch" someone at a thousand yards.That's ten football fields down range! He first time on a modern sniper rifle, his first "send it" was a head shot. Amazing!Thank you Lee -- Jake

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lee,I am so thankful to those vets and always enjoy seeing them. He had and has the skills that not just anyone can acquire! At his age this is truly amazing. I forwarded this to each of the snipers and members on our SWAT team. I can not wait to hear some of the guys comments when I get to work in the morning. They will be talking about Mr. Gundy for a long time!Thanks again Lee

Jake
Posted
Posted
Thanks Lee,I am so thankful to those vets and always enjoy seeing them. He had and has the skills that not just anyone can acquire! At his age this is truly amazing. I forwarded this to each of the snipers and members on our SWAT team. I can not wait to hear some of the guys comments when I get to work in the morning. They will be talking about Mr. Gundy for a long time!Thanks again Lee
Hello Intrepid,Any member of the law enforcement, I always give them a salute and they always acknowledge my greeting.I have utmost respect for any members of a SWAT team. You guys make every attempt to save lives, includingthe perpetrator. Well done sir -- Jake

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jake,31 years of service and God willing I will do 4 more. 55 is old enough for this line of work.(at least for me). The salutes I get are far and few between and I enjoy everyone I receive. Thanks again Although that is not why I got into this line of work, it does help offset some if the things I have dealt with over the years. For me, I salute the military men. The sacrifice they make being and away from their families is something I'm not sure I could bare. Anyway, after the next four are complete, we will be joining you there full time!danny

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Nice story about Ted Grundy! He was sure lucky to survive the war period, it just wasn't his time! I do believe all the branches of the military, is required that every man & woman had to qualify on the shooting range with an M-16 rifle and or a small arms pistol of some sort and was taught to field strip and reassemble it, because I, as an Air Force mechanic had to go through it! In the early days of my military career, I was issued a mechanic's tool box, a 38 cal. snub nose pistol and an M-16 rifle! Some of our missions were classified Top Secret back in those days and we weren't told where we were going until we got there! So, that was the purpose of being sent to the shooting range, qualifying and afterwards issued a pistol and a rifle let alone a tool box! I said to myself, why me? I didn't join the Army or the Marines to be a field soldier! I didn't know what I got myself in to, I was just an USAF mechanic, but luckily it didn't happen too often during my 12 yr military career! th_thholysheep.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
Thanks Jake,31 years of service and God willing I will do 4 more. 55 is old enough for this line of work.(at least for me). The salutes I get are far and few between and I enjoy everyone I receive. Thanks again Although that is not why I got into this line of work, it does help offset some if the things I have dealt with over the years. For me, I salute the military men. The sacrifice they make being and away from their families is something I'm not sure I could bare. Anyway, after the next four are complete, we will be joining you there full time!danny
Right on Danny! I'll have pitchers of MoJo's waiting for you. Yeah, military life in general really sucks when you have a family thousands of miles away. They might as well be on the planet Mars. I would always tell my young troops that being a military wife is the hardest job in the world. As soon as you leave -- the car, washing machine and TV breaks down. On many occasionsas their Command Master Chief, I would offer my shoulder to cry on when they receive a Dear John letter.Nice to have you on board sir -- Jake