To Elsa And The Other Happily Married Ladies On Here

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

What is the secret to finding a good man? Or what do you think made you a good partner for your wife? I see the guys always posting how to find a good Filipina but I rarely see the womans point of view, so ladies what did you see in your man that was different from others who you met online or in person, that made you know he would be a good husband? and to the men, what qualities do you feel that you have that made you a good catch. In Paul and Elsa's situation, to me they are both very happy people who are always smiling and cheerful, so I am sure being with each other has to be a pleasure for both of them, but I am sure there is much more based on the op, but I wonder if we can narrow it down a little? I already know that long courtships such as Elsa and Paul's, and my wife and mine which was also three years, gave us more time to actually get to know the person before we jumped in, and I know that becoming good friends first, was one of the most important factors that makes our marriage a good one, but maybe there is more? Anyone, even the men?

Elsa
Posted
Posted

The secret of finding a good man? To me is to Be Natural! Be Real! And Be What You Are! Accept and Value it and be Happy with it! Being myself and being natural is where the person fall in love and if that person doesn’t like it then he doesn’t deserve me and i don’t deserve him because I think right man is for the right woman in the right place and in the right time. I believe that if we try to change our originality to someone who we think that they want us to be, then, this could be a disaster because you’re not “YOU” anymore. Don’t be forced to wear the shoes doesn’t fit in your feet because sometimes we want things which doesn’t want us; let it flow by their own instinct and nature. Never change someone in to what you want them to be! Like Paul, He has his own way that makes himself happy like singing with the band and drinking bloody beers, rum and coke, wines, and etc. while talking with his friends (male or female) whereas I myself never drink nor sing. But, I embrace that all because that is part of him as a person and I enjoy watching him having a good time- It made me so happy because in that way I feel being part of that happiness because I feel that I am the one who made his fun. I love what I got because I love everything about him and I can’t find any SINGLE thing that I dislike about him. Everything I see I appreciate. Self recollection is a great help also in order to understand what yourself want in a partner. I see him differently from other person whom I met as a UNIQUE one Because He fits to my own criteria of What I want- I see him with my wide open eyes and feel it with all my senses and I knew that he would be the best! – Best of all Best! – Best Person, Best Friend and Best Husband.. I don’t believe that Love is blind because I see things I like and dislikes towards other who courted me in the past and soon as I sense that “ DESLIKES” I never get involved of it and cut whatever connection immediately rather than making it worse. I can’t get involved to the one who prevent me to do things which is part of me because in that way I can’t be natural. This is my own opinion, everyone has their own ideas.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I don’t want our love story to take over the forum, but I will try to answer Lee’s question. What makes me a good catch for a Filipina? My looks, my charm, my personality and, of course my modesty!! What are the rules for finding a perfect partner in the Philippines? Of course it’s a combination of luck and effort on the part of both parties. When I first started looking online, I was “blown away” by the number of girls who seemed to like me. I was 58 then and my ideal age group was between 35 and 45 – I had no desire to meet and deal with the girls who kept trying to talk with me who were below that age. Then one day, for some reason unknown to me to this day, I pressed ‘accept” when a 20 year old girl called Elsa wanted to chat. Immediately something clicked: over the months of ensuing conversations, we did not talk of “love”, our future together or anything remotely connected to a sexual relationship. We found so many things in common and each of us taught the other a little bit of our respective cultures. Elsa made me fall in love with the Philippines! So much so that I decided to come and see the place for myself – we met, realised that our friendship was deeper than we thought and have been together pretty much 24/7 ever since. So OK, I was lucky to find the right girl. Do we argue? Yes, but mainly for the reasons touched on by Elsa in her post “East meets west”. Our disagreements are rare and small, ending, in the words of the song, “The best part of breaking up, is when you’re making up!” We work at our relationship. Every day we work together and talk; we come home and talk; we go to bed and sometimes talk for hours. As Elsa said “communication is vital in any relationship”. Why did I fall in love with Elsa? Apart from her obvious beauty, she is the perfect fit to my personality. Tear a piece of paper in half and when you put it back together, that’s how closely we are matched. She claims I put a spell on her when we first met, but in truth she is one of those rare people that can see through the ugly exterior straight into the heart, as if wearing a pair of X-Ray glasses. Her heart is pure and I can’t think of one thing I dislike about her. She is intelligent and soaks up knowledge like a sea sponge – she often asks why I know so much, and I tell her it’s because I’ve been around a lot longer than her – I guarantee by the time she is my age, she will know so much more. Her love for me is as honest and genuine as mine is for her. We have no secrets – she has total access to my cell phone and email and I have the same to hers. We both see the best in people – sometimes we get hurt by that but we believe it is better than living a life of mistrust. We both hate gossip. I think one of our secrets is that neither of us has put a chain around the other, and the lack of any artificially imposed chain has effectively chained us together by choice. Both of us trust each other 100% and want to spent every minute of every day together.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
Curley
Posted
Posted
I don’t want our love story to take over the forum, but I will try to answer Lee’s question. What makes me a good catch for a Filipina? My looks, my charm, my personality and, of course my modesty!! What are the rules for finding a perfect partner in the Philippines? Of course it’s a combination of luck and effort on the part of both parties. When I first started looking online, I was “blown away” by the number of girls who seemed to like me. I was 58 then and my ideal age group was between 35 and 45 – I had no desire to meet and deal with the girls who kept trying to talk with me who were below that age. Then one day, for some reason unknown to me to this day, I pressed ‘accept” when a 20 year old girl called Elsa wanted to chat. Immediately something clicked: over the months of ensuing conversations, we did not talk of “love”, our future together or anything remotely connected to a sexual relationship. We found so many things in common and each of us taught the other a little bit of our respective cultures. Elsa made me fall in love with the Philippines! So much so that I decided to come and see the place for myself – we met, realised that our friendship was deeper than we thought and have been together pretty much 24/7 ever since. So OK, I was lucky to find the right girl. Do we argue? Yes, but mainly for the reasons touched on by Elsa in her post “East meets west”. Our disagreements are rare and small, ending, in the words of the song, “The best part of breaking up, is when you’re making up!” We work at our relationship. Every day we work together and talk; we come home and talk; we go to bed and sometimes talk for hours. As Elsa said “communication is vital in any relationship”. Why did I fall in love with Elsa? Apart from her obvious beauty, she is the perfect fit to my personality. Tear a piece of paper in half and when you put it back together, that’s how closely we are matched. She claims I put a spell on her when we first met, but in truth she is one of those rare people that can see through the ugly exterior straight into the heart, as if wearing a pair of X-Ray glasses. Her heart is pure and I can’t think of one thing I dislike about her. She is intelligent and soaks up knowledge like a sea sponge – she often asks why I know so much, and I tell her it’s because I’ve been around a lot longer than her – I guarantee by the time she is my age, she will know so much more. Her love for me is as honest and genuine as mine is for her. We have no secrets – she has total access to my cell phone and email and I have the same to hers. We both see the best in people – sometimes we get hurt by that but we believe it is better than living a life of mistrust. We both hate gossip. I think one of our secrets is that neither of us has put a chain around the other, and the lack of any artificially imposed chain has effectively chained us together by choice. Both of us trust each other 100% and want to spent every minute of every day together.
A lovely story and similar so far to mine..... let's see what fate brings.

• 2 weeks later...
Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Well said from both of you. I too feel the same about my relationship with Ellie, and she also has access to all my emails, phones etc. At first this caused difficulties, but not on her part, on mine, as I had not as yet learned to "share everything". We also talk, often and for long periods of time and on a great many subjects, and I also believe than when Ellie is my age she will know far more than I ever did. I enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you Papa Carl