Different ways to protect ourselves

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

on this article HOME and PERSONAL SECURITY 1%20%28235%29.gifcould someone start a thread about the different ways to protect Ourselves and INFORM from the "scams" like the DUGO DUGO .others like that .which directly /indirectly attacks us on both Home/Personal security.over the years i hear about them . heard various names. Could some of the Long term members shed more info . AS this could help OUR well-being & security...

I split this topic, so now you are welcome to discuss it here
Edited by Mr. Lee
split topic

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Here are my thoughtsFor Home- Bars on all the windows. - If possible, have some one staying in the house at all times.When out on the streetDon't make your self a target and you are unlikely to become one. By that I mean, - Dress down, do not dress like you are worth a million dollars.- Don’t flash your cash- Do not text or talk on a mobile phone (cell phone) while walking in the street because it can be easily snatched- Keep your valuables hidden. Do not have a necklace showing on the back or your neck that can easily be snatched- Bags can easily be snatched and straps can easily be sliced. Do not wear a bum bag, fanny pack or any other type of bag around your middle that will identify you as a tourist. In fact do not carry any type of bag at all, in the streets, for any reason. If you must carry a bag, make sure there is nothing valuable inside such as cash or passport.- Keep your cash in front pockets that are zippered, velcro or buttoned. Keep large notes P200 and above separate from small notes P100 and below, This is because you will mostly be using P20 and P50 notes with the occasional P100 note but will rarely need the larger notes except for larger purchases. Then, any potential pick pocket will not know where on your person you main stash of cash is held.- If a person says to you that he has never seen an American wallet and can he see yours, it is so his accomplice will know where to pick your wallet from.- If you ride in a jeepney, make sure you are riding with some one else so you can watch out for each other. A jeepney ride could be the most expensive trip you will ever take if you lose everything to a pick pocket.The most import safety feature for the whole Philippines Treat ALL Filipinos with respect ALL of the time!No matter what your personal feelings are about any given situation, just grin and bear it. The Philippines is all about face. If you cause someone to lose face, you have made an enemy for life!Regards: Jim Sibbick

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have wrought iron grills with double meshed screens on all of our windows and doors with double locks and our security guard house is just off to the right of our home! And also about promo scams concerning one may receive on one's cellphones! If the promo has a DTI permit No. at the bottom of the text message, you can go on-line and verify if the DTI permeit No. is valid here: http://dtincr.ph/verifysalespromo.php FAQs here: http://dtincr.ph/faq_salespromo.phpAlso here's another tip about purchasing a motorcycle or vehicle.Track Vehicle Details using LTO’s Info-Text Service 2600 http://news.txtbuff....o-text-service/ Thinking of buying a used car or motorbike, check with the LTO 1st to see if it is stolen & that the details match the official records: Land Transportation Office (LTO) is an agency of the Philippine government responsible for improving land transportation services and facilities and implementing various transportation laws, rules, and regulations. LTO’s Info-Text service will allow any person with a mobile phone to ask LTO about rules and procedures, and even data on certain vehicles. To get vehicle details, text: LTO VEHICLE <plate number with no spaces> to 2600 To get license details:, text: LTO LICENSE <license number with no spaces> to 2600 For motor vehicle transactions, text: LTO MV to 2600 For driver’s license and other permit transactions, text: LTO DL to 2600 For a menu of LTO’s services, text: LTO HELP to 2600

Edited by Art2ro

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

protect yourself ,and dont get involved in phil. politics, and law. because us foreiners, born there or not have no say in it.i pity the one guy that says he is an american and is involved in the barangay and national police . imagine a local pinoy getting arrested by a foreiner in his own land....to a local that dont know any better, its ok, but to an educated filipino, that foreiner just signed his deportation papers. or worse wait in a phil. jail for a court date because he got sued for defamation or some ridiculous crime against a local while enforcing his so called LAW ENFORCEMENT,with the barangay and pnp.police. i personaly think he should have FALL GUY tattoo on his forhead. when s#*t hit the fan they will all point at him...........DO NOT GET INVOLVED.....no matter how well connected you think you are.. thats my 2 centavos worth tanks EJ.

Jake
Posted
Posted
protect yourself ,and dont get involved in phil. politics, and law. because us foreiners, born there or not have no say in it.i pity the one guy that says he is an american and is involved in the barangay and national police . imagine a local pinoy getting arrested by a foreiner in his own land....to a local that dont know any better, its ok, but to an educated filipino, that foreiner just signed his deportation papers. or worse wait in a phil. jail for a court date because he got sued for defamation or some ridiculous crime against a local while enforcing his so called LAW ENFORCEMENT,with the barangay and pnp.police. i personaly think he should have FALL GUY tattoo on his forhead. when s#*t hit the fan they will all point at him...........DO NOT GET INVOLVED.....no matter how well connected you think you are.. thats my 2 centavos worth tanks EJ.
Your two centavos is worth a million bucks pare! However, I would safely assume that Married Kano always has a Filipino partner that may prevent a legal situation like you describe. I believe his wife is also employed in the local enforcement and may have already advised Gene of any potential dangers.By the way, when are you leaving for PI? Respectfully -- Jake

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

hey jake, ill leave long beach at the end of the month, after family reunion, then im off to the pinas with a week stopover in honolulu, to take care of some last stuff, then of to the wild wild east. will let you know when i get boots on the ground..................... tanks ej.:dance: