Anyone Using Globe Tattoo Internet Thumb Drive

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder if the Globe Tattoo USB thumb drive Internet device is any better than the Smart Bro? Has anyone tried the Tattoo and compared them? The reason I ask is because they claim Up to 3mbps, so I wonder what they actually get?

Maximize your internet experience with the Tattoo SuperStick! Get the most powerful mobile broadband stick and surf with speeds of up to 3 mbps!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Lee,th_thholysheep.gifAgain, I guess there aren't any takers! I just might buy a handful of those other thumb drives and check it out for myself! They're not that expensive!

talim
Posted
Posted

I'll go for few days in the north and there is very poor signal for fones !I would like to be able check my mails and surf internet as well.I heard Globe works better for the phones up there, is there any connection about this fone signal and the broadband signal for this drives?Anyone has any of thos drives yet ? Does it really work all over the phils ?What cost per month and at start ? what best deal ?

Married Kano
Posted
Posted
I'll go for few days in the north and there is very poor signal for fones !I would like to be able check my mails and surf internet as well.I heard Globe works better for the phones up there, is there any connection about this fone signal and the broadband signal for this drives?Anyone has any of thos drives yet ? Does it really work all over the phils ?What cost per month and at start ? what best deal ?
With internet speed, the key words here are "UP TO" 3mbs. Its an advertising ploy used be all providers here. If you were to ever get that kind of speed it would mean you are the only person online in the entire country I think. I've used about all of them. Smart, Globe, and Comclark. They are all terrible and most important, not relyable. If you can afford it, the best is satellite internet through a company that is not located within the Philippines. The satellite is then 300 miles up in space making it impossible for anyone here to mess it up. Gene...

talim
Posted
Posted

Yep satellite could be good, but the cost is a bit higher as well!Had some friends in Thailand that built a factory in a remote area and made that satellite connection, if i remember well the setup with dish was around 100'000 Thb this is around 140'000 Php...Then when the weather was cloudy or rainy, they had as well not best connection or heavy rain no more connection !I need a connection for my few days visit and it is difficult to find any quote online, they all want to sale monthly packages. Not relly for me as i would prefer a solution as per usage, at home i have a modem and sky broadband already...If i understood well, the USB stick is around 5'000 Php and the 15 Pesos per hour with Globe... Any better solution there?

talim
Posted
Posted

Quite difficult find all pricing online, as advertised i went to the Globe shop to get price and info about the Prepaid TattooUSB stick cost 1'245.00 Php5 Pesos per 15 minutesor60 Pesos for one dayor220 Pesos for 5 daysI asked about some coverage map and they do not have and say it is better to ask someone that has one laready and how it works there !Gosh is that a professional answer and a good customer service !Mind i had to wait over 90 minutes to get the infos, the running number was 3051 and i was 3063, from experience i came back every 20 minutes to the place.So far there is no one we know that has one such stick where i plan to go, will find out next week if investment is worse then...The smartBro stick is for sale at any fone accessories shop but the globe only at globe agency ! (SmartBro was 1295 and 1495 another place)

Married Kano
Posted
Posted
Quite difficult find all pricing online, as advertised i went to the Globe shop to get price and info about the Prepaid TattooUSB stick cost 1'245.00 Php5 Pesos per 15 minutesor60 Pesos for one dayor220 Pesos for 5 daysI asked about some coverage map and they do not have and say it is better to ask someone that has one laready and how it works there !Gosh is that a professional answer and a good customer service !Mind i had to wait over 90 minutes to get the infos, the running number was 3051 and i was 3063, from experience i came back every 20 minutes to the place.So far there is no one we know that has one such stick where i plan to go, will find out next week if investment is worse then...The smartBro stick is for sale at any fone accessories shop but the globe only at globe agency ! (SmartBro was 1295 and 1495 another place)
The biggest problem I find is that no matter what they bost about for speed you will never get it. Also the quality of the signal depends greatly on you location. Plus, in the evenings every kid in the country is at internet cafe's. That causes the internet to run extremely slow till about 10pm. A friend of mine did some kind of internet trace from his PC here in the Philippines. He found that anyones service has to jump to no less that 20 different (private) server addresses before getting to the "cloud" with each click of the mouse. Its no wonder things don't work right. Ah well, maybe I should just buy a big blanket, build a fire, and send smoke signals like the indians did and forget the internet :th_thholysheep: . Gene

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Quite difficult find all pricing online, as advertised i went to the Globe shop to get price and info about the Prepaid TattooUSB stick cost 1,245.00 Php, 5 Pesos per 15 minutes or 60 Pesos for one day or 220 Pesos for 5 daysThe smartBro stick is for sale at any fone accessories shop but the globe only at globe agency ! (SmartBro was 1295 and 1495 another place)
Your price quotes are the old prices! Most of these USB internet plug-in devices are now all below P1,000! Just have to shop around to find them! I only use my Smart Bro for now, because I use my cellphone with a Smart sim to load my Smart Bro thumb drive. I may do the same for Globe whenever I buy a Globe Tatoo thumb drive one of these days! I always use my Dell 8 inch mini laptop when I'm out doors and when a wifi hot spot isn't available!

talim
Posted
Posted

Dear Art,The prices are very much the actual as i went myself to SM Mall Sta Rosa this week to inquire about it ! And the rates are the prepaid offers they have, no much way round of this exept getting monthly connection offers that i do not need... Official March 2011 prices.I've seen that it is possible to buy the stick via Sulit or other second hand channels, but i'm not so found of paying 200 pesos less for eventually an older version or one stick that fell in a cup of coffee once, we never know...What i'm after now is a signal booster, i've heard that a simple bent plate of steel can do the trick already as antenna and in Sulit or Ayodito had seen an advert for a 150 pesos device, have to see deeper in this now...I'm well equipped at home with Sky Broadband, but even this gets cloacked some times or offline for a few hours just when there is the important file to be sent or downloaded, i'll need the sitck just next week, whille away deep out in the province. I'm off to Abra and the place i go only Globe has relays, so ne need to inquire about other supplier.Now something i am not sure off is if a Globe relay would move the smart signal around ?!? Coz my Smart fone does work there !

talim
Posted
Posted
Quite difficult find all pricing online, as advertised i went to the Globe shop to get price and info about the Prepaid TattooUSB stick cost 1,245.00 Php, 5 Pesos per 15 minutes or 60 Pesos for one day or 220 Pesos for 5 daysThe smartBro stick is for sale at any fone accessories shop but the globe only at globe agency ! (SmartBro was 1295 and 1495 another place)
Your price quotes are the old prices! Most of these USB internet plug-in devices are now all below P1,000! Just have to shop around to find them! I only use my Smart Bro for now, because I use my cellphone with a Smart sim to load my Smart Bro thumb drive. I may do the same for Globe whenever I buy a Globe Tatoo thumb drive one of these days! I always use my Dell 8 inch mini laptop when I'm out doors and when a wifi hot spot isn't available!
My fone is a Smart and my stick will be Globe, to recharge i will need buy a Globe Sim ? I think money transfer works from any provider to any other, well that is my guess and hope...