Woman Nabbed For "selling" 3 Girls

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So it is not just foreigners who are involved in the sex trade within the Philippines, as-if.gif but it does seem the customers can end up being foreigners, so without the customers, then there would not be a sex trade.CEBU, Philippines - A woman was arrested for human trafficking after three girls accused her of “selling” them to a foreigner Friday night on V. Rama St., Barangay Guadalupe.The complete news story HERE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It seems she was not 'selling girls'. She was pimping them. Its the world's OLDEST profession which makes me wonder why it is NEWS.I don't understand how people can be so blind as to think that a profession so old can be made to disappear by locking up a few of the offenders or changing the name to 'human trafficking' or selling woman' or the like. Perhaps it works if you put the offenders to death? Nope, they tried that in the days of Jesus by stoning the poor girls to death and the work is still here, 2000+ years later.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
It seems she was not 'selling girls'. She was pimping them. Its the world's OLDEST profession which makes me wonder why it is NEWS.I don't understand how people can be so blind as to think that a profession so old can be made to disappear by locking up a few of the offenders or changing the name to 'human trafficking' or selling woman' or the like. Perhaps it works if you put the offenders to death? Nope, they tried that in the days of Jesus by stoning the poor girls to death and the work is still here, 2000+ years later.
It made the news because "they" said a Foreigner was involved the implication the woman and girls were all victims. It's rair to read a story of Filipinos involved in prostitution they want to make it seem to be the fault of Foreigners. The angle is money from the advocates in the west and political support of the local action groups and the Church.

Jake
Posted
Posted
It made the news because "they" said a Foreigner was involved the implication the woman and girls were all victims. It's rair to read a story of Filipinos involved in prostitution they want to make it seem to be the fault of Foreigners. The angle is money from the advocates in the west and political support of the local action groups and the Church.
Hey guys,Yeah, it may be the oldest profession but the "professionals" are getting younger and younger. And some of themdo lie about their age but that doesn't excuse the middle age foreigner from being blind. The foreigner(s) should bearrested as well and deported after serving time. Old story with new faces unfortunately.Respectfully -- Jake

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Hey guys,Yeah, it may be the oldest profession but the "professionals" are getting younger and younger. And some of themdo lie about their age but that doesn't excuse the middle age foreigner from being blind. The foreigner(s) should bearrested as well and deported after serving time. Old story with new faces unfortunately.Respectfully -- Jake
I believe their is a new law, that if a citizen travels abroad for the purpose of "underage" sex. that he can be charged under a new US Federal law. not only can you be charged in visiting country ,when you return to the US you can be charged too.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
I believe their is a new law, that if a citizen travels abroad for the purpose of "underage" sex. that he can be charged under a new US Federal law. not only can you be charged in visiting country ,when you return to the US you can be charged too.
Nothing "New" about the US Federal Law. It has been on the books for a long time now.

RetiredNavyGuy
Posted
Posted
While I don't disagree about your action toward the foreigners, it would be a mistake to think the problem will be solved by just taking action against the foreigners.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
While I don't disagree about your action toward the foreigners, it would be a mistake to think the problem will be solved by just taking action against the foreigners.
I totally agree and that was my main point of my op. Most of us are not the problem here, it is some of the locals own greed or need for survival.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Oh yeah, most definitely. Prosecute and arrest the local operators, their financiers and protectors as well.Many cases involve govt officials and the local PNP, the so called big fish.Respectfully -- Jake