Liloan Cebu Trash Pick Up

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Today I sent an email to the Liloan, Cebu mayor's office. I explained that I had not received garbage pick up in about a month. Before that the municipality garbage truck picked up regularly. My friends in the neighborhood have all said the same thing so I knew it was not just me. I asked what was going on and what we were expected to do with our trash, (unlike some I know who just throw it in a neighbor's yard so it is their problem whistling.gif )About 1 and a half hour later a representative of the municipal hall comes to the front door. He is one of the executive types in a fancy municipal SUV. Note they did not just send an email. Note I did not even give my exact address OR my last name, just an approximate location where I lived. Without a word of a lie the man was there to explain the situation just that fast.It seems we are now expected to 'segregate' our trash in Tayud, Liloan, Cebu and it is likely happening in other areas too so if you are having trouble with garbage pick up then try this: Separate your trash into 2 bags or containers, do not seal them so the garbage collectors can see inside. One container must contain the biodegradable trash and the other contains non degradable. It so happens that they do not pick it up if it is not sorted. But I bet they take mine this Thursday. photo-109.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Part 2Half hour after the man from the mayor's office came out, the garbage truck came. He got upset with my wife because he said he told her on Feb 15 that the garbage needed to be segregated now. She appears to have not understood what he meant but is upset now that the poor guy got in trouble and got mad at her.He still did not take the garbage as she did not have time to segregate it yet. Life goes on. He'll be back at the regular scheduled time on Thursday.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

THIS article will explain what is going on with Cebu garbage. Seems they have run out of room for it and are looking for a new dump to start filling, so it seems Naga or Consolacion might be the lucky towns, and my bet is on Naga, so I wonder what that will do to land values there? and ohhhhhhh the smell too, will smell like. 1247.gifCEBU, Philippines - IT’S final. Cebu City will have to dump its garbage elsewhere starting next month following the closure of the 15.41-hectare Inayawan Sanitary Landfill this month.The decision to shut down the sanitary landfill was made and announced by Mayor Michael Rama during the first quarter general assembly meeting of the Coastal Management Board (CMB) yesterday morning.But it seems Naga City and Consolacion, the possible sites where garbage will be dumped, have yet to receive official communication from the Cebu City Government regarding the matter.Rama told barangay officials that he is determined to close down the landfill as it has already exceeded its seven-year lifespan since it was opened in 1998 and should be been closed in 2005.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Today I sent an email to the Liloan, Cebu mayor's office. I explained that I had not received garbage pick up in about a month. Before that the municipality garbage truck picked up regularly. My friends in the neighborhood have all said the same thing so I knew it was not just me. I asked what was going on and what we were expected to do with our trash, (unlike some I know who just throw it in a neighbor's yard so it is their problem whistling.gif )About 1 and a half hour later a representative of the municipal hall comes to the front door. He is one of the executive types in a fancy municipal SUV. Note they did not just send an email. Note I did not even give my exact address OR my last name, just an approximate location where I lived. Without a word of a lie the man was there to explain the situation just that fast.It seems we are now expected to 'segregate' our trash in Tayud, Liloan, Cebu and it is likely happening in other areas too so if you are having trouble with garbage pick up then try this: Separate your trash into 2 bags or containers, do not seal them so the garbage collectors can see inside. One container must contain the biodegradable trash and the other contains non degradable. It so happens that they do not pick it up if it is not sorted. But I bet they take mine this Thursday. photo-109.gif
What a pleasant surprise to get a quick and personal visit from a city official responding to your email. I hope that is the norm rather than the exception. Do you have to get your own trash containers and ifso, will you be concern about your neighbors dumping their trash using your containers?Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. . . Do you have to get your own trash containers and if so, will you be concern about your neighbors dumping their trash using your containers?Jake
My trash containers are kept inside my fence until garbage day, I am not so concerned with neighbors filling my trash cans as I am with people spilling the contents to look for cans and plastic then leaving the trash strewn all over. We keep a close eye out for the garbage truck so we can get the trash out in time.In the past I used to tip the driver 50 pesos once a month, (double at Xmas), but I admit that I have been lax this last year. Perhaps it really does help to offer that little bit but friends have told me they do not do that because the trash collectors make a profit from the plastic and cans they get from our garbage.

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Mine hasn't been picked up in about 2 months, Barangay Captain says he calls the Mayor every day (Mon-Fri) and receives no response or explanation.I live just up the road from Dave (Hounddriver) and we have been required to separate our trash for about a year now.Funny though because the recyclables are picked out and put in sacks and hung on the sides of the truck and the separated trash you might ask?That is dumped together in the back of the same truck and mashed together.Maybe the workers just don't want their hands to get dirty as they salvage the recyclables.As far as tipping those guys, I see no reason to, especially when they can't keep a regular schedule.They are supposed to be here every Monday, but sometimes it was Sunday night and we had to scramble to get all of our trash out to them before they zoomed off into the setting sun (Lone Ranger?).

. . . Do you have to get your own trash containers and if so, will you be concern about your neighbors dumping their trash using your containers?Jake
My trash containers are kept inside my fence until garbage day, I am not so concerned with neighbors filling my trash cans as I am with people spilling the contents to look for cans and plastic then leaving the trash strewn all over. We keep a close eye out for the garbage truck so we can get the trash out in time.In the past I used to tip the driver 50 pesos once a month, (double at Xmas), but I admit that I have been lax this last year. Perhaps it really does help to offer that little bit but friends have told me they do not do that because the trash collectors make a profit from the plastic and cans they get from our garbage.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Our garbage is collected twice a week on schedule 90% of the time! So, we have no complaints and if they don't do their job properly, our HOA manager just finds another contractor who will! We live in a gated subdivision with a Home Owner's Association with approximately about 700 homes!

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

They have been putting up signs. Guess I was not the only one who did not 'get it'med_gallery_41_81_156159.jpg

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

could this be how they located your house,name?but at least you know that the city does or can respond when they need too. glad that you was able to fix this problem. this was a posting under "New Laptops May Have Spyware Pre-Installed" by kuya leeWow, now this is yet another problem to look out for. Big brother gets bigger everyday. Samsung laptops may have spyware pre-installedMaker may have put in software to "monitor performance" The South Korean electronics giant Samsung may be spying on its own customers, using a program pre-installed on laptops that secretly monitors every keystroke.

Edited by ed villas