Bamboo Car

Jake
Posted
Posted
http://newsinfo.inqu..._raves_in_MilanThe link above shows Filipino furniture designer Kenneth Cobonpue showcasing the first futuristic car made of bamboo, rattanand carbon fiber materials. Amazing design innovation! His furniture designs look pretty awesome as well. See link below: http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=587Respectfully -- Jake

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here's a locally produced 3 wheel conversion vehicle with plastic rattan covering that may have given the designer his idea.The local factory does this conversion for about 40,000 pesos and you supply the motorcycle, (note that the back wheel of the motorcycle is totally eliminated to keep the design a 3 wheeler so once done you could never have your bike back). They also do rattan conversions on the home made jeep frames that look pretty good but they had none there to photograph today.med_gallery_41_81_481448.jpg

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gifIf ever I got into a wreck with a bamboo vehicle of any kind, I probably get bamboo splinters all over my ass and where ever else! mocking.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. . . They also do rattan conversions on the home made jeep frames that look pretty good but they had none there to photograph today.
Finally found it to photograph but I don't think it is all rattan, just a good paint job for a home made jeep. Lots of these kinds of vehicles are available but they have a very rough ride, (my friend had one).med_gallery_41_81_170232.jpg

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
. . . They also do rattan conversions on the home made jeep frames that look pretty good but they had none there to photograph today.
Finally found it to photograph but I don't think it is all rattan, just a good paint job for a home made jeep. Lots of these kinds of vehicles are available but they have a very rough ride, (my friend had one).med_gallery_41_81_170232.jpg
Looks like it is made of solid diamond plate. If so, probably no paint needed. Neat!