Does Anyone Else See A Problem With Dna From The Blanket?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am no expert, but they should have taken blood from the actual victim and not try to match it from the blanket she was wrapped in. So why do I say that, it will be an obvious defense asking, how do they know the blood on the blanket was the victims. What if she was wrapped in a blanket taken from a hotel where someone stayed and bled on it? What if the blanket had been taken from the girls home and she had bled on it at some other time in life. What if the blanket was taken from the garbage somewhere and someone else bled on it, so the blood does not match, would that make them innocent? There are many what ifs, so they needed her blood to match to the blood in the vehicle, but I suspect they will still get a conviction here, even if the people in question are innocent, just based on all the supposed witnesses. Police work and prosecution here leaves a lot to be desired.

Charges will be filed against the suspects in the kidnap and murder of 6-year-old Ellah Joy Pique before the end of March, said Senior Supt. Patrocinio Comendador.
Renante said the bloodstains will be compared to Ellah Joy’s blood taken from the blanket with which the girl’s body was wrapped.
The complete story HERE

RetiredNavyGuy
Posted
Posted
There are many what ifs, so they needed her blood to match to the blood in the vehicle, but I suspect they will still get a conviction here, even if the people in question are innocent, just based on all the supposed witnesses. Police work and prosecution here leaves a lot to be desired.
Indeed. If you look at the history of that murder case, and not just the suspicions on this couple, there are a whole lot of what ifs. There, but for the grace of [whatever term you wish to use], go any of the rest of us. The question that still echos in my mind is: Is there any place that is really any better? Even the US has its share of horror stories in that regard.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Indeed. If you look at the history of that murder case, and not just the suspicions on this couple, there are a whole lot of what ifs. There, but for the grace of [whatever term you wish to use], go any of the rest of us. The question that still echos in my mind is: Is there any place that is really any better? Even the US has its share of horror stories in that regard.
Lets ask this guy300.caruso.david.051908.jpg