Talim Island

talim
Posted
Posted

Ignored by many residents of Manila, this Island lays in the middle of Lake Laguna de Bay. South east of Manila.It is the unfortunate dump of The Big city, loads of pollution and waste water contribute in the actual not so enchanting quality of those waters...Anyway, poor Island, no road, no car electricity is sporadic and just reached the last villages, now that Meralco made a few adverts with that on TV, much more Manila citizens know about the place.I have to find my way with posting pics and much more will be told about Talim, to be continued...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So now I am curious about your User Name and its relation to this topic. Do you own that island or is it a coincidence that your name is the same as the Island? I looked at the pics in your gallery and it looks like a nice place to visit.

talim
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear Dave, Yes my member name here is due to that island, i just go there sometimes, i like the place and the people, i do not own yet a plot or the island !There is one friend who proposed me a plot of land in his property, may be i will build a Bamboo house in futur, this for study regarding construction with Bamboo...Some facts about TalimIt is in the Rizal Province and over 10 Million people leave around that lake.There are now more and more concern in saving those water, and a little more is done about clean up this recent years, much more should be done, there are little penaltyes only for the heavy polluter to allow them dump in it.Lake Laguna de Bay and Talim Island in Center

Talim Island is in the Center of the Heart Shaped Laguna de Bay Lake, the Largest Lake in the Philippines and the Third Largest Fresh Water Lake in Southeast Asia. Located on the Island of Luzon, Western Shore of Metro Manila.

It Covers a Surface of 949 Square Kilometers with a Shoreline of 220 Kilometers. The Average Depth is Only 2.8 Meters, and its Excess Water is Discharged Through the Pasig River. The Maximum Depth is 20 Meter at the Diablo Pass.

Talim Island is in the Center of the Heart Shaped Laguna de Bay Lake, the Largest Lake in the Philippines and the Third Largest Fresh Water Lake in Southeast Asia. Located on the Island of Luzon, Western Shore of Metro Manila.

It Covers a Surface of 949 Square Kilometers with a Shoreline of 220 Kilometers. The Average Depth is Only 2.8 Meters, and its Excess Water is Discharged Through the Pasig River. The Maximum Depth is 20 Meter at the Diablo Pass.

Believed to Have Been Formed by Two Major Volcanic Eruptions, The Lake is a Multipurpose Resource Today, Navigation Lane for Passanger Boats, Source of Water for a Nearby Hydroelectric Power Plant, Food Support for the Growing Duck Industry, Overused Unfortunately for Fisheries and Aquaculture. It is a Virtual cistern for Domestic, Agricultural and Industrial effuents. Used as Irrigation Water Source as Well.

Believed to Have Been Formed by Two Major Volcanic Eruptions, The Lake is a Multipurpose Resource Today, Navigation Lane for Passanger Boats, Source of Water for a Nearby Hydroelectric Power Plant, Food Support for the Growing Duck Industry, Overused Unfortunately for Fisheries and Aquaculture. It is a Virtual cistern for Domestic, Agricultural and Industrial effuents. Used as Irrigation Water Source as Well.

Edited by talim

talim
Posted
Posted
index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=618 Well, the insert image process is not yet really under control so this thread will take some time to be done...Anyway, HERE A VIEW OF CAIINGIN HARBOR, the place to go in Sta Rosa to catch a Banca for the 40 minutes ride to Talim Island.