Treatment At Va Clinics

cougar
Posted
Posted

Does the VA there in Manila treat only service connected disablities? I don't want to put anything out specifically due to advisements about keeping some stuff to yourself and not air it on the forums. I have a lot of S/C disabilities and a few secondary now that aren't rated. I almost reopened my case to get them linked, but I was highly advised to leave it alone since it would reset my rating clock.For you all out there that are Veterans, thank you for fighting for the benefits that I receive and going before me. How do you all handle major medical issues that aren't covered. Jump back to the US for a short time and hit the VA?Semper Fi,Cougar

Jake
Posted
Posted
Does the VA there in Manila treat only service connected disablities? I don't want to put anything out specifically due to advisements about keeping some stuff to yourself and not air it on the forums. I have a lot of S/C disabilities and a few secondary now that aren't rated. I almost reopened my case to get them linked, but I was highly advised to leave it alone since it would reset my rating clock.For you all out there that are Veterans, thank you for fighting for the benefits that I receive and going before me. How do you all handle major medical issues that aren't covered. Jump back to the US for a short time and hit the VA?Semper Fi,Cougar
Hello Cougar,Although I do not have first hand knowledge of the VA facilities in the Philippines, I have invited "United Army" to this topic.I believe his background is US Navy, combat corpsman and had some dealings with medical services there. Additionally,Art provided a link that may get your started: http://www2.mozcom.c...br/raonews1.htm.Also this thread started by "Married Kano" is worth a look: http://www.philippin...indpost&p=37872Wish you the best of luck Marine -- respectfully , Jake (USN ret E-9)

United Army
Posted
Posted
Hello Cougar,As far as I know the VA only treats service connected disabilities (100% percent sure of that) . If you are rated at 0% or more for a specific diagnosis then you can be treated by the VA, other wise you are out of luck for VA treatment. And how do you handle any major medical issues that may come up in your day to day life.....if you can use Tricare that will help, but other than that you must pay out of your own pocket.Here is a phone number for VA questions that may help you.1-800-827-1000.Hope this helps some and if you have other concerns just post them...