Child Rapist, Mail Fraudster Deported To Us

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So is the campaign only against foreign fugitives or is it just against foreigners in general, sure seems like the later lately, but I am glad they are throwing out the trash. The Bureau of Immigration has deported two Americans who are both wanted by federal authorities in the US for serious crimes including child rape and mail fraud. Immigration Commissioner Ricardo A. David Jr. identified the fugitives as Destor Cabasada Gatchalian and Alan Brian Carillo who were deported Wednesday aboard a Philippine Airlines flight to San Francisco, California.David said Gatchalian, 39, is a wanted child rapist, while Carillo, 29, was charged with multiple counts of mail fraud.The new BI chief said the campaign against foreign fugitives will remain a top priority of the bureau under his watch.The complete story HERE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sure is great that the Philippines does not allow dual citizenship. They can send their rapists to the US, let them become US citizens, then when they return they are foreigners like the rest of us.

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sure is great that the Philippines does not allow dual citizenship. They can send their rapists to the US, let them become US citizens, then when they return they are foreigners like the rest of us. Gatchalian is a naturalized U.S. citizen originally from the Philippines.
You know, it seems odd that the Philippines wants the U.S. to accept their people as dual citizens, but they don't like accepting U.S. citizens here who opt in for basically the same dual citizenship.Of course, I am glad they do dump the trash outside this country on occasion though. Edited by Kuya Lee
change post placement to after the last [/quote]

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I do not see it as being a type of "Witch Hunt" against foreigners. I see the key words "wanted by federal authorities". These guys had pending charges/warrants. Should not matter what country they are in.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I do not see it as being a type of "Witch Hunt" against foreigners. I see the key words "wanted by federal authorities". These guys had pending charges/warrants. Should not matter what country they are in.
Can we look at the situation in reverse?First the facts , (on at least one of the guys that I researched): This alleged rapist guy was born in, and a citizen of Philippines. Then he went to US and became a naturalized citizen. There he is accused of committing a crime a crime and so he returned to the Philippines. Now the Philippines are saying he is a foreigner and extraditing him back to the US.So look at the situation in reverse: If an American married a filipina and decided to become a naturalized filipino citizen, and was then accused of a crime so he returned to the US . . .. Now . .. what would you think if the US government said: You are a foreigner now so we are shipping you back to the Philippines and we don't really give a damn about your guilt or innocence?

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

if you comitt the crime in the PH. then you should stand trial there, regardless of your citizenship, same goes for the US. or any other country .if a pilipino commited a crime in the US. he would get jailed and deported back to the ph. whats wrong with the reverse of that? do the filthy crime and do the lengthy time, then become an undesirable in that country, it works both ways.but to save time and money, the ph. police should have just shot the low down dirtbag for his crime against a child.dont matter who he is or where he was born............

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
Can we look at the situation in reverse?First the facts , (on at least one of the guys that I researched): This alleged rapist guy was born in, and a citizen of Philippines. Then he went to US and became a naturalized citizen. There he is accused of committing a crime a crime and so he returned to the Philippines. Now the Philippines are saying he is a foreigner and extraditing him back to the US.So look at the situation in reverse: If an American married a filipina and decided to become a naturalized filipino citizen, and was then accused of a crime so he returned to the US . . .. Now . .. what would you think if the US government said: You are a foreigner now so we are shipping you back to the Philippines and we don't really give a damn about your guilt or innocence?
I do understand you point, but.. they both entered Philippines with US Passports. Those passports were revoked.