Checking Foreigners Papers In Ayala?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I was in Ayala a little while ago and I observed a female in a khaki uniform with name tags sewn on it, and looking like a military uniform would have looked, and standing next to a white man and going through his papers. The guy was with an obvious to me under 18 year old, so I am wondering if anyone else has observed this and what agency the woman in the khaki uniform was with? Do BI people wear those uniforms? Or do military people here have the authority to check visas? I did not wish to go over to ask because neither my wife or I were carry our passports, since we stay here legally on a balikbayan stamp.

Married Kano
Posted
Posted (edited)
I was in Ayala a little while ago and I observed a female in a khaki uniform with name tags sewn on it, and looking like a military uniform would have looked, and standing next to a white man and going through his papers. The guy was with an obvious to me under 18 year old, so I am wondering if anyone else has observed this and what agency the woman in the khaki uniform was with? Do BI people wear those uniforms? Or do military people here have the authority to check visas? I did not wish to go over to ask because neither my wife or I were carry our passports, since we stay here legally on a balikbayan stamp.
I could be wrong, but so far as I know BI agents do not wear uniforms as you discribed and only the BI has the athority to ask to see your passport or travel papers. I think very few of us would carry our documents with us at all. Don't know for sure what papers this guy produced but sounds strange to me. Only thing I can think of is that there is a warrant for someone or a person of interest wanted by the police. In that event, the police would have the athority to ask to see some kind of ID to at least prove who you are. But still, would not be authoized to demand travel documents. Further, the US embassy advises its citizens to use caution if asked for travel papers or visa by anyone other than the BI. Too much chance of ID theft. Edited by Kuya Lee
repair quote

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

maybe it was a local cop profiling the guy ,since you mentioned that he was with a minor, any cop can ask for identification, even without travel papers. with all the filth hiding in the PH. im glad that somthing is getting done, even if its just to get USAID.

Married Kano
Posted
Posted (edited)

maybe it was a local cop profiling the guy ,since you mentioned that he was with a minor, any cop can ask for identification, even without travel papers. with all the filth hiding in the PH. im glad that somthing is getting done, even if its just to get USAID.
That sure is the truth. Maybe its because of the usual lack of law enforcment but the Philippines seems to attract so many of the "wrong kind" of people-mostly men to come here for the wrong reason. I just read earlier that an American was deported to California. Seems he had an outstanding warrant on him for child rape. Score one for the PNP :Policeman: . Just wish there was a way to filter or screen people before they get on a plane to come here! Edited by Kuya Lee
post placement

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)
That sure is the truth. Maybe its because of the usual lack of law enforcment but the Philippines seems to attract so many of the "wrong kind" of people-mostly men to come here for the wrong reason. I just read earlier that an American was deported to California. Seems he had an outstanding warrant on him for child rape. Score one for the PNP :lol: . Just wish there was a way to filter or screen people before they get on a plane to come here!
That guy who got deported to California is a Filipino who had warrants in the U.S.He is a dual citizen, but since he only recently became a U.S./Philippine citizen, he will be stripped of his U.S. citizenship and deported back to the Philippines as soon as his time (if any is given) is served in the U.S. Edited by Kuya Lee
Please post below last [/quote]

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

If you have an ACR-I card, you are required to carry ot with you.Regards; Jim

Married Kano
Posted
Posted (edited)
If you have an ACR-I card, you are required to carry ot with you.Regards; Jim
Hi Jim, thats very true. However, a replacement is difficult and knowing government, expensive to get. Robbery and general theft make that a risk to carry. As with all important documents, I for one leave them in a safe deposit box and carry only a drivers license and PNP ID. Even cash I dont carry and an ATM card stays at home unless its going to be used on a specific outing. Gene... Edited by Kuya Lee
repair