I Like Guns

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

What a waste of good food, 7_4_17[1].gif yet I did the same thing when I was much younger, while testing different caliber bullets on watermelons. While the guy in the video goes way overboard in his obsession, Filipinos also seem to like guns and I always wondered why? Anyone venture to guess or know why guns here seem so prevalent and embedded in the culture?

Jake
Posted
Posted

I would guess that most Filipinos do not like face to face confrontation, physical or verbal and wouldrather come back with a blade or handgun. Over the years, typical Filipino movies depicts ArmaliteM16 with one magazine loaded with a million rounds as the leading actor. In movies that are ratedB movies (in my opinion), you have guys like Joseph Estrada as the humble hero. He eventually usedhis popularity to become President, in which he continued his acting career.....he, he.Respectfully -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I would guess that most Filipinos do not like face to face confrontation, physical or verbal and wouldrather come back with a blade or handgun. Over the years, typical Filipino movies depicts ArmaliteM16 with one magazine loaded with a million rounds as the leading actor. In movies that are ratedB movies (in my opinion), you have guys like Joseph Estrada as the humble hero. He eventually usedhis popularity to become President, in which he continued his acting career.....he, he.Respectfully -- Jake
Which brings up yet another topic, does not shot em up violence, as I see in the very overdone TV movies here, not encourage such behavior among the kids here? Thus the increase in gang violence here. While we have shoot em up movies in the US, I find them way overdone here, and with way too many people having machine guns and shooting everyone. Watching those movies gave me the idea that the Philippines is actually the wild, wilder and even wilder than, the cowboy west, and it made me wonder if there are actually places in the Philippines that are like the movies? ohmy.gif

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

my favorite one was when joseph estrada does his pinoy westerns and blasts away the bad guys when he draws his two 1911a1. colt automatics.:13_4_10[1]: emptys both clips, and pulls a m1 carbine from his horse saddle sheath.:lol: