Lightning kills girl

News Reader
Posted
Posted

TAGUM CITY – A 14-year-old girl was killed and four others injured when lightning struck a group of students at a school compound during a downpour in this city on Friday, village officials on Saturday said.View the full article

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
TAGUM CITY – A 14-year-old girl was killed and four others injured when lightning struck a group of students at a school compound during a downpour in this city on Friday, village officials on Saturday said.View the full article
And this is why my wife says she does not like it that I go walking in the rain, or even if it looks like it MIGHT rain. Nothing to do with other girls who may say hello to me, its because I might get hit by lightning. She says I will be safer inside a house with a metal roof and no electrical grounding, so long as all the tvs are unplugged and the mirrors are covered. Honestly, she says this to me, I couldn't make this stuff up even.

talim
Posted
Posted

RIP poor lady ! and hope the other ones make it without pain and scars...Remembers me of a group of young guy that went to camp in the Swiss Alps. They put up tents on a hill near a village, it started to rain and in middle of nigth it struck !2 guys dead on spot and 1 survived, he was under schock and police interogated and suspected him of wrondoing for the whole night ! In the morning they had people explaining the lighning case to police and the poor fellow was then assisted by a psy...