Domestic Tourism Market To Lessen Impact Of Crisis

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Domestic tourism market to lessen impact of crisis By Ehda M. Dagooc Updated January 03, 2009 12:00 AM Considered as one of the firewalls to protect Cebu from an economic crash, the tourism industry in the province may not be as active as in the previous years, but it is still seen to serve its purpose

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Domestic tourism market to lessen impact of crisis By Ehda M. Dagooc Updated January 03, 2009 12:00 AM Considered as one of the firewalls to protect Cebu from an economic crash, the tourism industry in the province may not be as active as in the previous years, but it is still seen to serve its purpose

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Domestic tourism market,is there one??? 7_3_205[1].gif
I was thinking the same thing. Most Filipinos with enough money for tourism go to other countries. Even if they did travel domestically, they would not spend nearly the same amount of money that foreign tourists do. I don't see Filipino tourists paying the long nose tax that foreign tourists pay. I think this is just another pipe dream and spin from the govt. trying to reassure people that the RP will weather the financial crisis with no problem.The media is full of pie in the sky stories about how well the Philippines is positioned economically to withstand the crisis. Time will tell, but I'm not buying the rosy assessment of things here.

retired
Posted
Posted
Domestic tourism market,is there one??? 7_3_205[1].gif
I was thinking the same thing. Most Filipinos with enough money for tourism go to other countries. Even if they did travel domestically, they would not spend nearly the same amount of money that foreign tourists do. I don't see Filipino tourists paying the long nose tax that foreign tourists pay. I think this is just another pipe dream and spin from the govt. trying to reassure people that the RP will weather the financial crisis with no problem.The media is full of pie in the sky stories about how well the Philippines is positioned economically to withstand the crisis. Time will tell, but I'm not buying the rosy assessment of things here.
Me either . Besides , i don't consider visiting the in - laws where ever they live within the country as " tourism " . And Borocay can only hold so many .. :wt-hell:

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Actually domestic tourism in Cebu is big business and has been for a long time. Since there are worldwide economic pressures that are affecting the Philippines as well, whether the government wants to admit it publicly or not, Filipinos are cutting back and just taking vacations in the Phils versus abroad. This will further boost that market here in Cebu!http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/index.php...s&Itemid=59