New Banknotes

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

My sister-in-law brought these new notes from Manila where they are starting to become common.Just thought I'd give you a look so you don't get fooled when you first see them.

post-362-0-75059000-1302134546_thumb.jpg

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My sister-in-law brought these new notes from Manila where they are starting to become common.Just thought I'd give you a look so you don't get fooled when you first see them.
Thank you! We have gotten some of the new p20's so far here in Cebu, but I have not seen the rest yet. I am wondering when they are going to make a larger than p1000 bill, because while I used to carry a few p500 bills and make it through a whole day, lately if eating out and shopping, a few p1000 bills does not even seem to pay the whole tab, so pretty soon I think they will need p2000 or larger bills.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am wondering when they are going to make a larger than p1000 bill
I hope we don't see that until the average filipino business can make change for at least a 1,000. Can you imagine? The ATMS will give out the larger bills and NO ONE will have change for them

United Army
Posted
Posted

Yes I picked up some of the new 1,000 and 200 peso bills the other day from B of C, I'm going to try to cash them over the weekend and see what happens...

4thDan
Posted
Posted

Hmmm strange they didn't use Rizal on one of the notes...maybe they are saving him for the 2,000

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just did a bit of research and it appears the old notes will still be legal for 3 years; so I am guessing that since the first notes were released in December 2010 then that is the start of the 3 years?

• 3 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
HERE is some more info on the new money. Looks like the old money will be good until Dec of 2013.I guess say goodbye to the old money, but still you can used it for 3 years its effectivity.The Philippine Bank, finally revealed the new generation of Bank notes for 2011.New Bank Notes/Philippine Money Photos are shown below:New Philippine Money/Currency Photos or Images was introduced by Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas on Thursday, December 16, 2010. The bills will be in circulation this December while the old bank notes will still be accepted within the next three years.New Money Features:All the bills continue to have these security features: embossed prints, serial numbers, security fibers and threads, and watermark. But new security features include the word “Pilipino” written in ‘Baybayin,’ a pre-Spanish writing system, and the Republic of the Philippines seal.The bills also feature a ‘woven cloth’ design, which is different for each denomination.New Philippine Money Photos Bank Notes 2011 of new P500 bill: The P500 bill now features former President Corazon Aquino, whose photo is placed beside his husband, Ninoy. It also depicts a smiling Ninoy, a far cry from his forlorn image in the current P500 bill.The P500 bill also makes history by having both parents with the signature of their son, President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino, added Tetangco.Photo of new P50 bill:The now darker red P50 bill meanwhile shows Taal Lake and Maliputo, a fish that thrives only in the waters of the lake.New Philippine Money Photos Bank Notes 2011 new P20 bill: The back of the P20 bill shows the Banaue Rice Terraces and an animal, Palm Civet or ‘Alamid’ in local language.New Philippine Money Photos Bank Notes 2011 new P100 bill: The back of the almost purple P100 bill shows ‘perfect cone’ Mayon Volcano and a Butanding, a whale shark that is a main attraction in Sorsogon.New Philippine Money Photos Bank Notes 2011 new P200 bill:

p1030377.jpg

p1030378.jpg

The almost green P200 bill shows Bohol Chocolate Hills and the world’s smallest primate found in the Philippines, the Tarsier.Former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s photo taking oath is now in front of the P200 bill but is almost not visible.New Philippine Money Photos Bank Notes 2011 new P1000 bill: p1030382.jpg

p1030381.jpg

The P1000 bill features the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park and a South Sea Pearl.