Visa, Will I Need? Which One?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Okay, I've been reading and researching about Philippine Visas. It is my understanding that as long as I am married to my Philippine wife, I can stay in country for up to one year without a visa. So long as I travel to and from the Philippines with her. Correct? Since we have a minor child that will be attending school in the Philippines, we plan to return to the US during the school summers(April-May). If all this works, I think I would be fine. However, what would I need to do if for some reason, we would not travel after that one year period? How much advance do I need to apply for a visa and what kind? Or should I just start the process apply for a visa after I arrive? I don't really want to go through the hassle and waste money if I don't need to.danny

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Okay, I've been reading and researching about Philippine Visas. It is my understanding that as long as I am married to my Philippine wife, I can stay in country for up to one year without a visa. So long as I travel to and from the Philippines with her. Correct? Since we have a minor child that will be attending school in the Philippines, we plan to return to the US during the school summers(April-May). If all this works, I think I would be fine. However, what would I need to do if for some reason, we would not travel after that one year period? How much advance do I need to apply for a visa and what kind? Or should I just start the process apply for a visa after I arrive? I don't really want to go through the hassle and waste money if I don't need to.danny
As long as you leave at least once a year then you should get the bb stamp again and again in your passport, and especially if you leave for months and return to the US. Things here are constantly changing, so for us I feel it is best to not worry about what we would do if and when our bb stamp was to expire in one year and then deal with it at that time, but should that happen, then they have 6 month extensions if you are over 60, Art made a post about it HERE, or you can fly with your family to anywhere out of the country for vacation and then come back and that should start the whole one year bb stamp all over again. Any other way will probably get expensive for a whole family but if your children are from your current marriage, then they and your wife should be able to obtain dual citizenship and then you would only be dealing with visas for yourself, if and when the time came.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks Kuya,I was just wondering.I knew I would forget to ask the main question. What happens if I arrived with my wife, but due to an emergency in the US, I need to leave without her? She may have to stay with our daughter who would be in school. Will I have to pay a penilty/fine? When I return maybe a few weeks or month later, I would then to apply for a visa unless my wife and I would take a short trip outside the Philippines?danny

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks Kuya,I was just wondering.I knew I would forget to ask the main question. What happens if I arrived with my wife, but due to an emergency in the US, I need to leave without her? She may have to stay with our daughter who would be in school. Will I have to pay a penilty/fine? When I return maybe a few weeks or month later, I would then to apply for a visa unless my wife and I would take a short trip outside the Philippines?danny
Yes, once you left the country on your own and did not return with your wife, then you would then need a visa after the 21 days of visa free stay. You can apply for a 13a while still in the US, if you have time, and I am told it is easier and there is no one year probation that you would have if you got one here, so possibly look into that at the local Philippine Embassy closest to you. That might solve your problem. One in Washington DC for the east and one in California for the west. Forms can be found HERE. So no penalty or fine that I know of, only visa fees upon return.

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted