Filipinas And “Handbags”?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I see I’m not the only one dealing with the darn handbag/purse stuff. Another Filipina tradition? About twice a year my wife “gets” a new handbag… because they are on sale of course! I love my wife and she is frugal in most things but dang $300.00 for a handbag! I see about six “old” purses go into Balikbayan boxes each year so its not like our shoe collection.

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)
I see I’m not the only one dealing with the darn handbag/purse stuff. Another Filipina tradition? About twice a year my wife “gets” a new handbag… because they are on sale of course! I love my wife and she is frugal in most things but dang $300.00 for a handbag! I see about six “old” purses go into Balikbayan boxes each year so its not like our shoe collection.
th_banned1.gifbuttkick.gifhystery.gif Edited by oldutot

Steve
Posted
Posted

My wife is always looking at new handbags/purses. Especially designer names :unsure:

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Its not only filipinas, my EX, who is CHEROKEE, is still into handbags and shoes , not a common thing for a native american. her handbag and shoes collection far exceeded my motor cycle collection tenfold, and i had 6 bikes. go figure? :cheersty: TANKS EJ.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

All women I have known like pocketbooks. My xwife used to collect lipsticks by the thousands, pocketbooks and shoes and had closets full of them, and she was an American. It is not unique to Filipinas and is just a woman thing, yet while my wife has a few pocketbooks, she is not one of those who has to have designer items and I am very thankful for it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
All women I have known like pocketbooks. My xwife used to collect lipsticks by the thousands, pocketbooks and shoes and had closets full of them, and she was an American. It is not unique to Filipinas and is just a woman thing, yet while my wife has a few pocketbooks, she is not one of those who has to have designer items and I am very thankful for it.
Just a note to the Aussies,a pocketbook is a hand bag,shoulder bag etc as we would call them.1%20%28235%29.gif

oldutot
Posted
Posted

What has crack me up over the years, is when she would buy a pair of shoes or a purse. Then return them back to the store, take the return money.And then buy something different . Generally I was the person returning the items.any-help.gif

• 1 month later...
piglett
Posted
Posted
What has crack me up over the years, is when she would buy a pair of shoes or a purse. Then return them back to the store, take the return money.And then buy something different . Generally I was the person returning the items.any-help.gif
my wife had 30 pair of flip flops so i feel your pain brotheri don't dare say anything or she mite try to roast me over an open fire post-1506-0-15675000-1306785641_thumb.jp piglett