Google Chrome Steps Up Security Against Malware

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It seems like all browsers are trying to become safer and faster, but Chrome and FireFox seem to be two of the best IMHO. What say you? Which one do you think is the best? After Flash and a PDF reader, Google is now offering another key built-in feature to its Chrome browser: potential security from malicious downloads via social engineering.Moheeb Abu Rajab of the Google Security Team said this is one step further from the "Safe Browsing" API (Web protocol) that warns users they are visiting malicious Web pages."(We’re) pleased to announce a new feature that aims to protect users against these kinds of downloads, starting with malicious Windows executables. The new feature will be integrated with Google Chrome and will display a warning if a user attempts to download a suspected malicious executable file," Rajab said in a post on the Google Chromium and Online Security blogs.The new feature follows the same privacy policy currently in use by the "Safe Browsing" feature, but will not enable Google to determine the URLs a user is visiting.With the new feature, an attempt to download a suspected malicious executable file will prompt Chrome to issue the message: "This file appears to be malicious. Are you sure you want to continue?"The complete story HERE

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, IMHO Google Chrome is the only way to go! To me, IE & Firefox can't compete with Google Chrome! So, do yourself a favor and switch over to Google Chrome! Once you get the hang it, you won't go back to using IE or Firefox again unless Google Chrome is down for some reason, which I have not yet experienced of being down for any reason! When Google Chrome first came out, I didn't like it either, but ever since I got the hang of it, it's now my main default web browser of choice ! It really is a great browser and it's faster than IE and Firefox, which are now my 2 backup browsers hidden in the back ground!

Jake
Posted
Posted

I've been using Google Chrome for the last few years now. Last month I downloaded the latest version 10and also updated my Google Earth as well. Very fast and glitch free.Chromed -- Jake