Lto Chief's Office

No name
Posted
Posted

I need to go see the LTO Cheif, anyone know where his office is, in Cebu city?Does he still like to help people get past all the red tape and get their DL without so much hassle? My US DL will expire this month. Don't think Tn. will let me renew unless I show up in person. :wt-hell: I haven't been driving since I got here but I am under the impression it is easier to get a DL if you still have a valid one.I plan to get a motor and crack my skull soon. LOL Well not really soon.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

If converting a US license there is not that much red tape. The worst thing is that you will have to take a driving test on a motor cycle to get the number 1 restriction, required to drive the motorcycle. They changed to rules because of so many foreigners cracking their heard and what not!The LTO chief's shortcuts will cost you P1,500 total I think. But it will only cost you about P600 for both the 1 and 2 restrictions if you do it the normal was. Just takes a few more hours to complete the paperwork (easy) and take the driving test.

No name
Posted
Posted
<br />If converting a US license there is not that much red tape. The worst thing is that you will have to take a driving test on a motor cycle to get the number 1 restriction, required to drive the motorcycle. They changed to rules because of so many foreigners cracking their heard and what not!<br /><br />The LTO chief's shortcuts will cost you P1,500 total I think. But it will only cost you about P600 for both the 1 and 2 restrictions if you do it the normal was. Just takes a few more hours to complete the paperwork (easy) and take the driving test.<br />
<br /><br /><br />I went last week, the crowd/mob around the building was so think I couldn't even get in the building.I haven't been on a bike since I was 15, i don't think I'll pass any driving test. Looks bleak for me getting converted before my license expires. with the 12 medications I take every day, I wonder if I'll be able to pass the drug test. Some people tell me too go to Mandaue office but don't see how that's going to get me past the lines. Standing in lines for hours will probably make me rather ill.thanks for the info