G U D

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Otherwise known as Geographically Un Desirable, which was a dating term we used to use when a woman we met was from too far away from where we lived or cared to travel for a date. I woke up this morning to an email of a friend complaining about where his gf, who he hopes to become his wife, is from. Seems he is not at all happy having to go visit her family who happens to live deep in the heart of Mindanao. BTW, my wife and I go deep into Mindanao yearly or every other year, so I do not find it unsafe most of the time and there are probably some areas that should be avoided, yet meeting the family is a very important part of the culture here, so if a person does not wish to visit some areas of the Philippines, and they are not rich enough to bring the whole family to where they wish to settle, or to a bigger city that they wish to stay in during their visit, then I have to wonder why they get involved with a lady who is from those areas in the first place, when there are so many beautiful single ladies available here in any part of the Philippines that would probably be from more desirable areas, by their standards, not by mine. I know that many of us, such as myself did not know any better and thought the Philippines was the Philippines when I first met my wife 20 years ago, yet nowadays with the Internet, Google searches, Google Earth etc, people no longer have an excuse. So while many of us may be married to, or in relationships with women who are GUD by our own standards, there is no reason nowadays that anyone who is going to get into a relationship now, should complain about his lady being GUD for them. So those who meet ladies on the internet or in person, be sure to ask the correct questions up front, or learn to quietly live with your choices, and that is exactly what I told the friend who wrote to me who was complaining. Now does that sound harsh, yes I guess I am being harsh because I just do not understand people who do not do their homework and then complain when they screw up.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Otherwise known as Geographically Un Desirable, which was a dating term we used to use when a woman we met was from too far away from where we lived or cared to travel for a date. I woke up this morning to an email of a friend complaining about where his gf, who he hopes to become his wife, is from. Seems he is not at all happy having to go visit her family who happens to live deep in the heart of Mindanao. BTW, my wife and I go deep into Mindanao yearly or every other year, so I do not find it unsafe most of the time and there are probably some areas that should be avoided, yet meeting the family is a very important part of the culture here, so if a person does not wish to visit some areas of the Philippines, and they are not rich enough to bring the whole family to where they wish to settle, or to a bigger city that they wish to stay in during their visit, then I have to wonder why they get involved with a lady who is from those areas in the first place, when there are so many beautiful single ladies available here in any part of the Philippines that would probably be from more desirable areas, by their standards, not by mine. I know that many of us, such as myself did not know any better and thought the Philippines was the Philippines when I first met my wife 20 years ago, yet nowadays with the Internet, Google searches, Google Earth etc, people no longer have an excuse. So while many of us may be married to, or in relationships with women who are GUD by our own standards, there is no reason nowadays that anyone who is going to get into a relationship now, should complain about his lady being GUD for them. So those who meet ladies on the internet or in person, be sure to ask the correct questions up front, or learn to quietly live with your choices, and that is exactly what I told the friend who wrote to me who was complaining. Now does that sound harsh, yes I guess I am being harsh because I just do not understand people who do not do their homework and then complain when they screw up.
Excellent advice Kuya! Like a big brother, your response is a slap in the face reality check. Sounds like yourfriend loves her but is not willing to go to the last mile of a remote mountain province. What's up with that....?In my book, perhaps it's a blessing in disguise FOR HER. Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It sounds like it's all about money, because IMHO if he had the money, he probably wouldn't care where she's from!