A Bunch Of Worry For Nothing

TomM
Posted
Posted

I was worried and confused about the legal capacity to marry since I was married in the PHL and went to Guam and got a divorce. It was a civil wedding so it was easier. Asked alot of people about it and comments like you'll have to go back to the real US to get a divorce etc.... I went up to US Embassy Manila they didn't even want to see my divorce decree she said we don't keep track of that stuff. I paid my fifty dollars and raised my right hand after filling out a form two boxes never been married or married how ever many times I put one and at the end of the statement it said and they all have been terminated. I check that box raised my right hand and swore everything was true on the form. She signed it notoraized it or stamped I walked out the door. No problem at all it was simple.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was worried and confused about the legal capacity to marry since I was married in the PHL and went to Guam and got a divorce. It was a civil wedding so it was easier. Asked alot of people about it and comments like you'll have to go back to the real US to get a divorce etc.... I went up to US Embassy Manila they didn't even want to see my divorce decree she said we don't keep track of that stuff. I paid my fifty dollars and raised my right hand after filling out a form two boxes never been married or married how ever many times I put one and at the end of the statement it said and they all have been terminated. I check that box raised my right hand and swore everything was true on the form. She signed it notoraized it or stamped I walked out the door. No problem at all it was simple.
Thank you for the update, great to hear that worrying was not necessary. :AddEmoticons04230:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Good to know all went well for you Tom, and that all your worrying was for naught. :AddEmoticons04230:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Congratulations Tom, thanks for the positive follow up story!

TomM
Posted
Posted

Actually it gets better than that we went down to davao and talk to a Priest where we are getting married he put us in touch with the head priest in Tagum city. He referred us to a monsieur, Assistant Judge Cagayan Regional Matrimonial Tribuanl. I gave him all my paperwork and the next day he had us a letter stamped with his seal from the Catholic Church saying I am free to marry in the church as my fiancee wants. We will have a Catholic wedding on July 8th in New Corella Church. I had all this stuff prepare incase I needed it to convince the US Embassy to give my contract of marriage all unneeded. However I need the letter to present it to the Priest in control of that area. I have everything I need and all is well. No worries and enjoying a couple Redhorse now.

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

Thanks great info.As for me who is looking into getting married over there one day.And still doing the math.:icon_GreatJobKao: