Rp To Import Goats, Sheep From Australia

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...bCategoryId=107 RP to import goats, sheep from Australia Updated January 06, 2009 12:00 AM CEBU - Agricultural trade between Australia and the Philippines is set to increase with the purchase of more than 3,000 Australian goats and sheep by Filipino breeders, according to Australian Ambassador to the Philippines Rod Smith.About 1,900 Boer (goat meat), Anglo Nubians and Saanens (dairy goats) and 1,200 Dorper sheep are due to arrive in the Philippines over the next two months following a series of visits by Filipino breeders to farms in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria facilitated by the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade)."The importation of Australian livestock will assist the Philippine breeders improve the quality of local stock and, in particular, promote the long term development of the goat industry," Smith said."Australia is already a known supplier of Boer goats in the Philippines due to quality, price competitiveness, adaptability, quarantine status and proximity in terms of lead time.The purchase of the dairy goats and sheep will also boost the existing agricultural trade between Australia and the Philippines currently worth more than A$5 million," he added.The export of Australian goats and sheep to the Philippines will augment the existing local goat heard of about four million (2007 figures) and sheep flock of about 35,000 (2003 figures).The imported goats will be primarily used for cross-breeding to increase meat production and to capitalize on the rising demand for goat's milk.Australian Boer goats and Dorper sheep are known for their superior meat production.Boer goat bucks (males) can grow up to 130 kilos compared to local goat breeds that grow only up to 30 kilos. Dorper sheep grow faster and heavier than goats, weighing up to 60 kilos at six months of age.The Anglo Nubian and Saanen dairy goat breeds are farmed for their higher milk production capacity and adaptability to tropical environments.Australia currently accounts for more than 50 percent of world goat meat exports. From 2006 to 2007, Australia exported 75,344 goats, with Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore being its largest markets.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes I (herd) it was a very tearful good-by on the Aussie loading dock as many a stout Aussie said so long to their GF's ...... emmmmmmm ... .. I mean flock ..... there were many cries of ...... "wait for me" and "I'll never forget ewe" ....... "ewe can always come back to me if they don't treat ewe right" ........ what as sad ..sad .. day ........

acman
Posted
Posted

Tastes like chicken i dont think so unless that was not really goat i ate before

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Tastes like chicken i dont think so unless that was not really goat i ate before
You can be sure you ate goat, if you had an urge after eating it to head butt everyone in sight. :wt-hell: and if it was actually sheep you ate, you would know if your burps came out and sounded like bahhh-urp. SugarwareZ-007.gif

acman
Posted
Posted

Never thought of that before now Mr.Lee guess thats why i was head butting everyone.They all thought i done got drunk and went crazy!