Youtube Problems?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have a love/hate relationship with Youtube because it takes so long to load with the Internet service available to me here, but today it is worse. I cannot get through to ANY youtube site material today. Slow as it is there are a few things I do like about it so . . anyone else having difficulty? FYI I use the SmartBro USB modem

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have a love/hate relationship with Youtube because it takes so long to load with the Internet service available to me here, but today it is worse. I cannot get through to ANY youtube site material today. Slow as it is there are a few things I do like about it so . . anyone else having difficulty? FYI I use the SmartBro USB modem
It seems to work OK for me, I am on PLDT.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I too have PLDT with a 1 Mb DSL speed, but my video streaming from any website some times acts up once in a while where it's slow to buffer or slow to load the video clip, but it works 80% of the time!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I forgot to mention, also good to have extra ram, I have installed 4 GB of ram since I found that some items would not work as well on my laptop with the standard amount of ram, including my Magic Jack and videos, and why I do not know since I am not a computer expert.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
I forgot to mention, also good to have extra ram, I have installed 4 GB of ram since I found that some items would not work as well on my laptop with the standard amount of ram, including my Magic Jack and videos, and why I do not know since I am not a computer expert.
Sometimes the reason our "units" run slower .as Kuya (formerly known as Mr.Lee) Lee said is the "amount" or Ram..What i am sure many people also fail to do, 1. is to run a "DISK CLEANUP ,that removes unneeded files, opens up space 2. DEFRAGMENTER (defrag) this helps increase free space 3. remove any programs that they have not used in a LONG TIME . 4# sometimes when we try to directly go to a ww.zzz.com ,the connection is not "clear"(sorry but i too am not a computer genius) what has worked before, (this was told to me in a "net cafe" in spain.) is enter via a search engine/site. :th_Good-Luck:oh i failed to list. is to run your spyware/antivirus keep it updated :thumbsup:if this works or doesnt please give me feedback, thanks Edited by ed villas