Foreigners Complain Of Red Tape At Bi

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Seems that even after the govt passed a law for less red tape, the red tape has only become worse. Foreigners transacting business with the Bureau of Immigration (BI) are complaining of red tape over the approval of their applications for Alien Certificate of Registration-Identity Card (ACR-ID), saying that where it used to be only ten steps for processing, there are now l9 before they could be approved and released to applicants.The complete story HERE

4thDan
Posted
Posted (edited)
Seems that even after the govt passed a law for less red tape, the red tape has only become worse. Foreigners transacting business with the Bureau of Immigration (BI) are complaining of red tape over the approval of their applications for Alien Certificate of Registration-Identity Card (ACR-ID), saying that where it used to be only ten steps for processing, there are now l9 before they could be approved and released to applicants.The complete story HERE
When I went to the BI office in Mandaue for my probationary 13A, the Atty. there, the only one that does the "interviews"...was quite open about needing to be "greased" to 'ensure a quick approval" which turned out to take the normal amount of time anyway.....he was also quite open and not trying to hide all the other "greases" he openly requested from other people who were in need of his services to get extentions, etc.....One guy from the US who was there to apply for the permanent 13A (he already had his probationary) related that since he and his pinay wife were separated and that the lawyer knew it...the lawyer told him it would cost P50,000 "extra" to ensure the approval. What choice did he have? As I have to go back in October to apply for the probationary to be made permanent i am thinking that if he hits us up again that i will just take my papers to Manila and go through the system up there. Has anyone encountered this guy? and are there any thoughts regarding going to Manila instead of Mandaue? Edited by Boss Man
moved new text to below last quote

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It all seems to depend where one lives and how busy the office staff is, we only live a few minutes away from our local BI office! We usually go to our local BI office at opening time with all our forms filled out or the necessary documents and pictures available in case they have to initiate the paperwork themselves!

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I've seen a sign at Mandaue asking people to report these 'fixers'. Why hasn't someone done that yet?

• 2 weeks later...
United Army
Posted
Posted
When I went to the BI office in Mandaue for my probationary 13A, the Atty. there, the only one that does the "interviews"...was quite open about needing to be "greased" to 'ensure a quick approval" which turned out to take the normal amount of time anyway.....he was also quite open and not trying to hide all the other "greases" he openly requested from other people who were in need of his services to get extentions, etc.....One guy from the US who was there to apply for the permanent 13A (he already had his probationary) related that since he and his pinay wife were separated and that the lawyer knew it...the lawyer told him it would cost P50,000 "extra" to ensure the approval. What choice did he have? As I have to go back in October to apply for the probationary to be made permanent i am thinking that if he hits us up again that i will just take my papers to Manila and go through the system up there. Has anyone encountered this guy? and are there any thoughts regarding going to Manila instead of Mandaue?
Yes I have!!!! We went for our Probationary 13A last November and he charged by somewhere around P11,000 or so. I asked for a break down of the cost, he gave me one and then I compared it to my 13A stamp in my passport, nothing added up. I'm in the same boat as your are, what will I do when I go for my Permanent 13A?? Stilling thinking on this and not really sure what I will do, go to Manila??

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I've seen a sign at Mandaue asking people to report these 'fixers'. Why hasn't someone done that yet?
"why hasn't someone done that yet?" Have you been acosted by fixers working in BI, have you reported them? Not to be on your case I'm just curious.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
"why hasn't someone done that yet?" Have you been acosted by fixers working in BI, have you reported them? Not to be on your case I'm just curious.
lol,I dont think the sign means for those behind the counter,it would be for those who used to work outside the building and grab you before you went in.Not sure if they still do that or not.thumbsup.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifThere are still fixers at certain BI and LTO offices? Not anymore where we go in Northern Central Luzon!AddEmoticons04230.gif

• 2 weeks later...
stevensan
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifThere are still fixers at certain BI and LTO offices? Not anymore where we go in Northern Central Luzon!AddEmoticons04230.gif
The Manila BI has become fairly straight. There is still a few fixers around, but prices are well advertised and the process for the different visa's well published. When I first did my 13a, i went to our local BI office in Sta. Rosa, where they asked me for 1000usd to do the visa, telling me it was impossible to do otherwise. I ignored them and instead went to Manila where I did it without fuss and paying only what was advertised. I think it came to around 11,000peso total, including the ACR card. I also paid an 'express fee' for the ACR card, to get it in a couple of hours, instead of waiting a week to get it and having to go back at a later date! That was my choice and it was never offered to me... i begged the women to make it quicker and she said she could do it same day for 500peso. Well worth it in my book!As for LTO, its a fixers paradise. I have been twice (once to get a new licence, and once to replace a stolen licence). Both times I have paid a 'fixer' who has got me the license in little over 30 mins, despite a huge waiting crowd, while I sat in air conditioning. Again, I paid about 500 peso more than i should have done, but again, well worth it, and again, only offered after I begged for it :SugarwareZ-034: