Beware All, They Are Looking To Bust As Many Of Us As Possible

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This is just what I have been warning of, but it seems they now wish to catch foreign customers, and not just the bar owners. Note the following words below, "or other forms of coercion," and offers of money is a form of coercion. Let the buyer beware.Human trafficking covers the “recruitment, transportation, transfer or harboring, or receipt of persons with or without the victim’s consent or knowledge” by threats or use of force, or other forms of coercion, abduction, deception. The law said such victims “are exploited by way of prostitution, forced labor or services, slavery, servitude or the removal or sale of organs.”In making the request, Gubalane said the DOJ may have received reports about the alleged lewd activities inside the bar.“The DOJ has intensified its campaign against human trafficking. It’s not about the prostitution per se, but the trafficking of women. You are harboring them if you have them on your establishment,” he told reporters.The complete story HERE

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Simple, don’t frequent those kind of establishments.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Simple, don’t frequent those kind of establishments.
Yeah ditto! Stay out of those dark sleazy bars, especially the ones that have those hidden back rooms!

Bruce
Posted
Posted

On a different site regarding Angels City and expats there, I found information that the US is providing money for anti trafficking of women and they were having some issues with the police out of Manila coming to Angeles City to harass and make feel good arrests to show statistics that the Philippines was making progress in stopping the trafficking of women. While I certainly agree that there are horror stories and brutality in a few cases, the real victims here are the girls and the families that lose out on any earnings the girl may have. While that is not a PC view, it is a reality based view that as sad as it is, sometimes the selling of one's self is in reality, the only 'viable' option. Here is a true story. No sex involved, but the theme is real. I eat a lot at Jollibees out on Samar. Of all the girls working at Jollibees, there is one who is about 5'5" and a natural beauty. Now, even though my friend Lee is happily married (inside joke) I decided to talk to her oudside of the scope of 'yum and spaghetti'. I learned she was a 3rd year college student, with no money and was back on her money owed the college because she had a sick sister..... So went to the college, verified her story and paid out the year for her as well as her back money.On my return trip, same woman same job, but I learned more about her in that she ha s a sister on dialysis and needs a kidney. I went to her house, where she lives with grandmother, father mother and 4 sisters. 1 bed room home, 6.5' ceilings..... I saw the sick girl (17), saw her fistula (get your minds out of the guttter!) saw her feet now size 12 due to water rention.... and I paid for 2 dialysis treatments (a 175 mile round trip).I got NO sex, not even a kiss. Not part of the deal. But my point here is that the sister who worked at Jollibees is an attractive woman. if she was 'not attractive' I would never have noticed her, never talked to her beyond my order of food. Then never paid for some college nor met her sick sister or paid for some treatments.The principle is the same here. No matter if a girl works at a bar as a GRO or at Jollibees. ATTRACTIVE gets noticed and that is what sells. And now, this avenue of last resort is being closed down for some poor girls / families for some feel good news story back in the 'white world'. Never mind that the 'rescued' girl is now left with nothing and no chance of doing much to help herself or her family. Not a 'nice prospect' working in the sex industry, but sometimes a very real last only hope avenue.....As for the sister with the bad kidneys.... I shot a short video and will have it edited and put on youtube.com looking for some 'help'. I suppose then it opens me up to arrest for trafficking in human organs now...... hehehehehehe

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
and I paid for 2 dialysis treatments

.As for the sister with the bad kidneys.... I shot a short video and will have it edited and put on youtube.com looking for some 'help'.

would payment of the familes PHILHEALTH help this situation any?

For most of the Mature forum members

since we dont visit these places or "have ownership" in them

we dont have any worries at all

Edited by Call me Bubba

Bruce
Posted
Posted
and I paid for 2 dialysis treatments

.As for the sister with the bad kidneys.... I shot a short video and will have it edited and put on youtube.com looking for some 'help'.

would payment of the familes PHILHEALTH help this situation any?

For most of the Mature forum members

since we dont visit these places or "have ownership" in them

we dont have any worries at all

She died last April I think. See my video on my site listed below my name or www.philippinebasicneeds.com There are 2 videos to see and she is in the 1st one.

As for PHILHEALTH, it is better than nothing but I do not think it covers such things beyond the max benefit payout which is not near enough. In the US a kidney transplant is $100,000 + in the Philippines it is about $20,000 but still way out of reality for the average Pinoy.

PHILHEALTH is a very reasonable cost when compared to costs in the US and a year's coverage is about $50 / 2000p range. So if you have any employees such as a cook / driver / guard / helpers / concubine, it is a good idea to buy them a policy.

• Like 3

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

I have no problem IF a woman makes the Bar-girl choice ( To engage in the oldest trade known to man kind ) as long as her or her family does not lie about it, gets paid and keeps the girl from ANY harm.

New Law; what can any reasonable person expect ? Almost every freaking web site I have seen is about " selling " the girls in 1 form or another.

Most say something PC in an attempt to cover up the exploitation of the P.I. Females in order to SELL some selfish being ( Desperate / lazy men ) something.

Most of these agencies /web-sites / MEN ( Who are defined by their own countries women as pretty much " loser" ) are from the U.S. or Europe somewhere. " Hey Guys come to CEBU where the women are all so desperate and depraved...come over . "

i have hope the law PROTECTS women from being exploited but with all the corruption....it will be like everything else...hit and miss.

People wonder why I have such reserve in courting while I'm there....maybe because I still have options dating wise, here state side.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
People wonder why I have such reserve in courting while I'm there....maybe because I still have options dating wise, here state side.

I'm sort of puzzled by your statement, are you saying you are concerned a date might be a bar girl? Put it in perspective, the population and the amount of bar girls is very very small.How many work as prostitutes in the US? I don't know either but if that's what stopping you from dating in the Philippines in my opinion you have not done yourself any favors.

Just my 3 peso worth :)

• Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Much is lost in the written word JGF. I failed to communicate my point Sir. Thank you for asking this clarification.

I guess I was doing a bit of venting on the fact that it would be so easy for the locals ( Filipino / Filipina ) to form an impression that the sole motive of any man ( Expat ) displaying interest in a local female, was merely for selfish designs / sexual pleasure. ( If we asked " WHY " such laws as the above were passed as well as what Enticements most web-sites use to lure foreign males to the P.I. )

On the other hand, for those who wish to visit the P.I. how do we who attempt to do and be good know the motives of others ?

That was one of the reasons for my keen interest in KanoJoe's post / " What to say to bob, joe ".... concerning his method of deduction as a foreigner towards the local populace in order to distinguish those who live in falsehoods.

I hope this makes sense. : )

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I know what you are wary of, Higg-num, but how can you tell this regardless of what country you are in?

I think if we concentrate too hard on avoiding a scammer, we might just miss that one who we can't do without!

• Like 2