Smart Bro Signal

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Have prepaid Smart bro for my laptop.Is it normal to have at different times of day loss of connection?Sometimes the signal is great for a couple of hours then at other times the signal can drop out every minute....very frustrating to keep having to redial.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Yes, it is normal. It can vary from excellent to completely horrible. Usually it's worst after school and until like 8PM or so. I have one, but only use it as a backup.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Have prepaid Smart bro for my laptop.Is it normal to have at different times of day loss of connection?Sometimes the signal is great for a couple of hours then at other times the signal can drop out every minute....very frustrating to keep having to redial.
If it is signal strength, then that can be affected by weather and atmospheric conditions, and the way to check, is to see if your Smart cell phone has a strong signal where your thumb drive internet device sits. If the answer is yes your signal is full continuous, then you are experiencing loss of connection due to overload of the cell site it is receiving from, if it is no the signal on your phone goes up and down or is less than full meter at all times, then find a spot in your home where the s-meter on your cell phone is full continually and move your computer there. You can also use the strainer idea I posted HERE by watching the video and making an antenna out of a strainer to increase your receive signal and that should help, but again be sure to place your cell phone in the area that your strainer will sit and make sure it is not a dead spot in your home, and instead has a full continuous meter signal on your Smart cell phone. I have also found that lifting your laptop off the desk and putting it up on a fan pad helps, and which can be bought pretty inexpensive at Cd-r-king, I bought one for our daughters for p200 there. Hope that helps. added, if it is cell site over load then there is nothing that can be done. Edited by Kuya Lee
add

Mavrick
Posted
Posted

Canopy Smart Bro The plan 999 of Smart Bro is actually an internet connection of Smart Bro which uses the Canopy antenna. The installation of it is fixed. The maximum speed of this kind of Smart Bro is only up to 384 kbps. But just like what I mentioned earlier, the 384 kbps speed is only the ideal speed and not the actual speed of your connection. The factors that affects your actual internet connection are:

1. Your distance to the SMART Bro cellsite. The nearer you are from the Canopy (Smart Bro) antenna fixed at the cellsite of Smart, the greater frequency your Canopy antenna will receive from that of the Smart Bro tower or cellsite. And the greater frequency your Canopy will receive means the better internet connection.
  2. Your (Canopy) SMART Bro client antenna’s direction. Your Smart Bro Canopy antenna should be in straight line with the Canopy Antenna fixed at the cellsite. The two canopy antennas should be facing to each other.
  3. Your environment. Your Canopy antenna should be in eye-to-eye contact with the Canopy Antenna at the cellsite and there should be NO obstruction between them.
  4. The Weather. I am not really sure if the weather really affects the connectivity of your SMART Bro client and the SMART Bro cellsite antenna. But what I observed is that the connection during rainy days or cloudy weather is much slower than the connection during fair weather. And also the connection at day is a little bit slower than the connection at night.

I found this on the web hope it helps