American National Dies In Cebu Motor Bike Accident

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Bike riders here have to be extra careful, and since this guy was riding a Kawasaki and was only 25, I wonder if he was going fast? No matter what, it is very sad he died.My condolences to his family and friends.CEBU CITY, Philippines—An American national died Tuesday afternoon when his motorcycle slammed head-on into a pick-up truck in Ibo, Lapu-Lapu City.SPO2 Rogelio Trinidad Jr., traffic investigator of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office, identified the victim as Ernest Williams, 25 and residing in Sitio Banawa, Barangay Guadalupe, Cebu City.Trinidad said Williams was driving his Kawasaki motorcycle at 12:05 p.m. from American International Training Institute, a language school based in Barangay Punta Engaño, Lapu-Lapu City, where he was applying as teacher.He said Williams was overtaking another vehicle when his motorcycle rammed into the Hyundai Porter pick-up truck on the opposite lane driven by Rene Biajedor bound for Cordova town.Trinidad said Williams was thrown off his motorcycle, his face hitting the pick-up truck's windshield before his body hit the ground.The complete story HERE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Biajedor, who sustained minor injuries, surrendered at a police station.
It is good that there will be some inquiries as to who is at fault. Unfortunately the newspapers scream the answer when they say:
his motorcycle slammed head-on into a pick-up truck
. My experience has been that, if the American was in the truck it would say: American runs over motorcyclist.

Keg
Posted
Posted

if only he wore protective gears, life might have been spared

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
if only he wore protective gears, life might have been spared
a large majority of these people who drive/use motorcycles dont wear them althou some do have them on their wrist while driving. NEARLY all NON natives i have observed DO use and wear Helmets .a few yrs ago i called one of the local papers about "some accidents" that i had read about. I asked this reporter. " did the victims wear helmets ?" his reply was NO,they rarely do. When i asked , why it didnt say they had no helmet. reply was, the report didnt have it listed..\ my prayers do go out to this man& his family,he was trying to make a small but important difference .