Need A Birth Certificate In A Hurry

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Go to the WOW travel agency in Robinson's at the circle ...... saw their sign on a billboard somewhere and was curious so as we had to go to Cebu Pacific anyway we went up stairs to see what it is all about ....... Marriage ... birth and death certificates were i think 7-10 working days ..... Cenomar ..... 10-14 working days ...... Now don't hold me to the exact days as they could vary a few one way or the other ..... but they are a whole lot quicker than going to the NSO (closed here in Cebu City) or the Mandaue city hall ...... or Talisay City Hall ...... Julie's birth certificate is going to take from Dec. 15th to Jan. 21st to come back from Manila ....... Yes there is a fee involved ..... 400+p ...... you will please note I said in a hurry ....... so if you are not don't worry about it ..... also if you want you can go to Manila and do the paperwork in the morning and get your certificate back in the afternoon ...... SugarwareZ-011.gif

daisy
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike!Do you mean authenticated or Security paper issued by NSO.... I really don't know how is this made possible here in CDO-Region 10 but to get a BC, DC, MC, or even CENOMAR from NSO here, you will get it in the same same as fast as after 2 hours after submitting you application. If there is some complications to your data, they will advise you to come back in the following day or call their office before coming back. Payment is only 125 pesos per copy. They have no noon break, because one time I was their during lunch break, one employee stood up in front of the waiting clients and gave a lecture on Republic Act regarding NSOs policies and related issues. To think about it, I can't comprehend really why the government closed NSO Cebu/Region 7 when in fact it is called the Macalanang of the South?

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Tweety ... it is my understanding that these are certified documents and are obtained from Manila ... the reason it takes so long ..... at WOW they send your info by computer to Manila where as with the city halls they mail them ...... and Manila mails back all the certified documents ..... There were some issues with the long lines in the hot sun and fixers praying on people ... then all the money went missing out of the safe ... which was locked ...... and I also heard that the lease for the building ran out and was not renewed ...... this was only supposed to be temporary but I do agree it would have made it a lot simpler but that was before my time

daisy
Posted
Posted

yes Mike, these are documents but at NSO, everything is online.....the records are coming from NSO, Manila, the regional offices will just have it printed.... in CDO you will wait in an aircon room....so Region 7 NSO is purely a matter of mis management! huh! at the expense of the Cebuanos!

• 1 year later...
bing
Posted
Posted

You may get your birth certificate on-line at e-Census https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Yes, you can also get it from NSO Regional Offices or CRS outlets in NSO Provincial offices in a matter of minutes if you can be there early in the morning.