American Businessman Abducted

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont recall this one in the news but seems to be a happy ending..American Businessman Abducted In Philippines ReleasedRTTNews) - An American businessman who was kidnapped in southern Philippines some three months ago has been released unharmed by his captors, officials said Wednesday.Police identified the American as 53-year-old Milton Taylor and said he was released unharmed by his unidentified captors in the outskirt of Marawi City in Lanao del Sur province on Tuesday afternoon.Taylor reportedly went missing from the Lamar Inn hotel in Cagayan de Oro City on January 12, when he was visiting the city for business purposes related to mining in the area.Taylor's personal belongings, including his passport, were later recovered from his hotel room.It later emerged that Taylor was kidnapped after his captors contacted his family in the United States demanding ransom for his release.It is not clear whether any ransom was paid for Taylor's release. Philippine officials said the American would be sent back to the United States later by the US embassy in Manila.http://www.rttnews.com/Content/MarketSensitiveNews.aspx?Id=1597701&SM=1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I dont recall this one in the news but seems to be a happy ending..American Businessman Abducted In Philippines ReleasedRTTNews) - An American businessman who was kidnapped in southern Philippines some three months ago has been released unharmed by his captors, officials said Wednesday.Police identified the American as 53-year-old Milton Taylor and said he was released unharmed by his unidentified captors in the outskirt of Marawi City in Lanao del Sur province on Tuesday afternoon.Taylor reportedly went missing from the Lamar Inn hotel in Cagayan de Oro City on January 12, when he was visiting the city for business purposes related to mining in the area.Taylor's personal belongings, including his passport, were later recovered from his hotel room.It later emerged that Taylor was kidnapped after his captors contacted his family in the United States demanding ransom for his release.It is not clear whether any ransom was paid for Taylor's release. Philippine officials said the American would be sent back to the United States later by the US embassy in Manila.http://www.rttnews.c...Id=1597701&SM=1
I believe the reason that there was no much to do about this is because he was a Fil/Am. Not that that is right, but maybe less impact in the news. So now even CDO might not be totally safe from these groups of dirtbag kidnappers. :(Kidnapped Fil-Am released ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – Kidnappers freed unharmed yesterday a Filipino-American after holding him captive for three months in a village in Lanao del Sur. Police Director Felicisimo Khu, chief of Directorate for Integrated Police Operation (DIPO) Western Mindanao, identified the freed victim as Milton Taylor, also known as Sam Taylor, temporary resident of Cagayan de Oro City.Khu said Taylor was released by unidentified captors at around 2 p.m. yesterday in a village between the border of Piagapo town and Marawi City in Lanao del Sur following negotiation and pressure from military and police forces.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting follow up on THIS So was it really a kidnapping, or did the guy just need to get money from his family? :th_thbestpost: too weird. Mystery surrounds alleged 'kidnapping and rescue' of American in PHOn the videotape, he is reading a slip of paper in his right hand and reads this message:Scan100051-212x300.jpg“Today is January 29. To my family, friends and relatives, I’m still alive. Besides that, please give to this group what they are asking … that you approve. Because if you refuse, they will kill me. Please, as soon as possible.”I brought it to sources within the Philippine military and police and received these details. He had been staying at Lamar Inn in Cagayan de Oro City, and they said they were unsure it was a kidnapping. According to an official report: “he was billeted at the said hotel at room #604 sometime from December 2010 and failed to return since January 11, 2011.”They said it may have been one of three things:

1. He left town to avoid paying a hotel bill of about P30,000.
  2. He was hiding from his “former companions in treasure hunting.”
  3. He may have been kidnapped.

US military sources said they knew of no American kidnapped in the south. Philippine military intelligence sources said they believed it was a “kidnap me” situation.